A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
flyer1704,

My two main routes are:
SR23 north to 176 out of Marengo to RT14, through Crystal Lake to Barrington.
or
back-roads through Huntley, Algonquin and Barrington Hills to Barrington.

The choice depends soley on my mood, as they're equal in time and distance. The Crystal Lake route provides that 10-mile, straight-as-an-arrow stretch between Marengo and 47 for those high-speed, multiple-car passes, as well as plenty of four-lane for stoplight "opportunities". The Algonquin route has curves, hills, etc., and is more scenic.

We've probably passed a few times. Check my pics at http://chicago-ceg.homepage.com/ccegbblum.html

What time do you usually pass through Marengo?

#191609 08/15/00 05:39 PM
F
OP Offline
F
Yup, I've seen you in Marengo. I make a right turn on red onto 20 from 176 (by the McD's) and I have seen you heading north toward 176. I have even posted on this board wondering about the 'tinted out SVT w/ black wheels...' Nice looking ride.

I have two routes I take between Crystal Lake and Rockford. One is 47 to 176 to 20 into Rockford. The other is 47 south to US20 to I90 into the Rock. If take 176/20 I pass thru Marengo at about 6:30 AM and 4:45 PM.

Looking through your profile on the CCEG and your SVT looks real nice. I'll be sure to be on the lookout for you in the area and I hope to be at the next CCeg gathering.

later--flyer1704

------------------
------------------------
'99 SVT Contour
Black/Tan
K&N Filter
B&M Edge Shifter
Dynomax Bullet (In Place of Rez)
Alpine/BA Stereo
other Misc Mods
------------------------

'99 SVT Contour, K&N, B&M, DMD, 'Foamed' Chassis