Print Thread
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
J
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
J
This "Second Chance Offer" is not showing up in "My Ebay."
I'm almost sure itâ??s a scam.

Theyâ??ll probably gratefully accept any offer you make as long as you can send an immediate deposit â?? or full payment. He needs the money right now to avoid some personal catastrophe â?? and heâ??s willing to take any loss to get it! Fill in your own script.

Thieving bass-turds.

I sent the real seller a message through Ebay asking what happened (just in case! ).

99 Tropic Green SVT, Tan Leather, 20K miles, "Nice Twin" (factory stock). 99 Tropic Green SVT, Tan Leather, 28K miles, "Evil Twin" (Turbo AER 3L and more in progress) 96 Red LX, Opal Grey Leather 2.5L, ATX, 22K miles
P
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by Buddy Palumbo:
I'm certainly pleased with the result of the auction . I feel they should all sell that high (well maybe not ALL , but well-kept examples) .

Really?

See ad in Classifieds, Price lowered to $8,500. Buy it! 59K Miles, Original Owner, 3 liter built by Buckshot, Headers, HMS trans Subframe Connectors, H&R's, Koni's, Rage 5.0 17's, Pole Position Tires Removed Resonator,KKM Intake,ShoShop Y-Pipe
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
I agree with Buddy

00 T-Red / Tan 17" FSVT Rims, Magnaflows, Alpine... For now #887 of 2150 12/13/99
J
J
Originally posted by JEDsContour:
This "Second Chance Offer" is not showing up in "My Ebay."
I'm almost sure itâ??s a scam.

Theyâ??ll probably gratefully accept any offer you make as long as you can send an immediate deposit â?? or full payment. He needs the money right now to avoid some personal catastrophe â?? and heâ??s willing to take any loss to get it! Fill in your own script.

Thieving bass-turds.

I sent the real seller a message through Ebay asking what happened (just in case! ).

Whatever you do JED's - DON'T do anything with this email including respond (it's just a waste of your time) if it doesn't appear in your "My Ebay"...It's DEFINITELY a scam. Seems to be happening more and more lately.

B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by plance1:
I'm certainly pleased with the result of the auction . I feel they should all sell that high (well maybe not ALL , but well-kept examples) .

Really?

Yes , really . I feel that a well looked-after , low mileage CSVT deserves a better resale than I've seen some sell for in the past . Maybe someday soon my wish will come true . Like I said , they deserve better .

~~~~~~~ Phil Black & Tan 2000 SVT Contour #2137 of 2150 35,000 miles & counting !
J
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
J
The "Second Chance" offers are definitely a spoof. I have some 69 Thunderbird items for sale and had a question about shipping a set of hubcaps to Finland (?!). They sent me the first fake "second chance" right after I answered. I think thatâ??s how they got my email address.

Turns out this is a common tactic.

I hate that they have my email address. The wordage on the fake offers gets more and more urgent each time...

99 Tropic Green SVT, Tan Leather, 20K miles, "Nice Twin" (factory stock). 99 Tropic Green SVT, Tan Leather, 28K miles, "Evil Twin" (Turbo AER 3L and more in progress) 96 Red LX, Opal Grey Leather 2.5L, ATX, 22K miles
A
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
A

Really?

im sorry but I cant agree with this... chances are if im buying a 6 or 7 year old car, im not buying it to have high resale.

Now if I were buying say... a brand new Honda Civic in 4 or 5 years I would expect for the resale to hold very well on it. I would never pay a hell of a lot of money for a bone stock 2000 or older CSVT, as much as I would love to have one.

98 Corolla LE 1.8L DOHC 1ZZFE TEIN H.Tech Springs Tokico HP series Struts Short ram air intake Tsudo Axel Back Exhaust ... if a jelly fish stung me.. would you pee on the wound?
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by AliasJerkâ?¢:

Really?

im sorry but I cant agree with this... chances are if im buying a 6 or 7 year old car, im not buying it to have high resale.

Now if I were buying say... a brand new Honda Civic in 4 or 5 years I would expect for the resale to hold very well on it. I would never pay a hell of a lot of money for a bone stock 2000 or older CSVT, as much as I would love to have one.

Well - you're obviously looking at this from the wrong side of the fence . I am the (first/only) owner of a low mileage , near mint CSVT - my next step would not be to BUY one , but to SELL one . It would be in MY best interest for them to sell at a HIGH price . IMHO , the cars are a damn sexy , very capable , very low production unit that deserves better than to be lumped with the thoughts of being a beat-down POS rental car . I feel some day it will get it's due .

~~~~~~~ Phil Black & Tan 2000 SVT Contour #2137 of 2150 35,000 miles & counting !
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard