Print Thread
Page 12 of 22 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 21 22
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by SHAutoTrends:
Originally posted by CSVT1214:
Ok, HVAC is installed. But......it doesn't light up at all like in the pictures Tyler posted. When it is getting dark, they are great. Red glows through nicely, but then totally dark, the whole center of the panel glows red. Kinda cool actually.

My only complaint I guess is that the panel is not cut correctly. The left side of the panel is not long enough and the clear plastic under the HVAC overlay shows at the very edge.

Anything that can be done about this Tyler? Are all of them cut exactly the same way?

It is only off by about 1mm.

They can all be remade. The HVAC panels have to be made differently than the guages due to the very low lighting the stock HVAC receives, however I will change things up once agian with some new things we got, and everything will come out perfect!

Agian a pic would be perfect! So I know exactly what to change.

Thanks,
Tyler

Here you go Tyler. Now that I'm thinking about it, 2 things I hope you can change. One being the fitment on the left side, the other being the red circles under the control knobs. They are just slightly too large and it sneak up from under the knobs and looks a little awkward. Can you just make the circles a tiny bit smaller?

Other than that, these HVAC panels are hot!!! I love it!

Red under knobs

Tony 1998 SVT Contour (B/MB) #542 3L 1998 SVT Contour (SF/MB) #1266 parts car 2000 SVT Contour (SF/MB) #1533 3L swap to begin!
S
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
S
Yes all that can be fixed.

And will be fixed.

I wish I woulda remembered to send that test set our to Matt R first, and all this could be avoided.

Thanks,
Tyler

F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
Email sent

A Contour is not just a car, it's an experience 99 T-Red SE Zetec ATX Born April 16, 1999 98 E0 Silver Frost CSVT #3175/3565 Born August 21st, 1997 Stored at P.R.T. for the winter 67 Mustang 289 project car
O
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
O
Same problem with mine, although I've got the black face/blue lighting. I'm sure you got my e-mail, but I didn't get my headlight switch panel, either. >_>

Other than those issues, they look great!

Also, any chance I could order a white face panel in addition? After seeing CSVT1214's HVAC, I'm kinda wishing I got those. ^_^

Thanks for all the hard work!

Just your average lurker ^_^
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
Tyler, I had sent you an e-mail a few days ago about these gauges. Let me know if you have received it.

Thanks,

Justin

SOLD Polarg M-28 super bright white bulbs. Replace yellow stock license plate bulbs. See add in classifieds. WANTED:: EVO style CF hood
Y
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
Y
oh crap, i forgot about this, I guess there's no chance I can still get mine?

'99 SilFro SE V6 MTX Alpine CDA-9833, 12" L7, Pioneer 6x8's, Fidanza Short Throw, K&N Drop-In, Spec1 Clutch/Flywheel, WR Headers / Y-Pipe, TBz Cat, PRT Roll Resistors Mods in queue: Trubendz Res. Magnaflow Ex. SVT UIM/LIM/Opt.TB
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by SHAutoTrends:
Originally posted by Big Daddy Kane:
I put in my guages just now... and I was disappointed.

I can't read the Km/h part at night (look like red blobs), which is kinda a big thing here...

So I swapped the stock ones back in. Guess I'll sell the S&H ones on the classifieds or (gulp) Ebay.

At least I got a look at the inside of the cluster, though... plenty of room to add some crazy lighting in there!

EDIT: playing around with my 1W LEDs... now I see why these things need a heat sink! Oh, and my camera couldn't take a pic of 4 of them on... they're that bright!

Can you get me a pic? Is that the only gauge that is messed up? I will make you a new one no problem.

Thanks,
Tyler

This picture pretty much shows what is up:

Originally posted by CSVT1214:

It's kinda like how I asked before about the white face guages... you can't make the numbers themselves light up, so you light up around them. When the numbers are very small (like the Km/h part), the parts that are lit up combine and form a blob that makes the numbers unreadable, which means I can't use them here.

Goin' Round Traffic Circles @ 50Km/h!!! \m/ -- 1998 E0 SVT #2119 of 6535 \m/ -- 2003 Sentra SE-R Spec V
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
Tyler,

I'm still waiting on a reply if you received my e-mail about my incomplete order that was shipped to me

Justin

SOLD Polarg M-28 super bright white bulbs. Replace yellow stock license plate bulbs. See add in classifieds. WANTED:: EVO style CF hood
F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
Originally posted by teamSVTour:
Tyler,

I'm still waiting on a reply if you received my e-mail about my incomplete order that was shipped to me

Justin

me too!

Kyle

A Contour is not just a car, it's an experience 99 T-Red SE Zetec ATX Born April 16, 1999 98 E0 Silver Frost CSVT #3175/3565 Born August 21st, 1997 Stored at P.R.T. for the winter 67 Mustang 289 project car
R
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
Last time I checked he had *just* gotten a headlight panel to work up a template from. The HVAC controls were well ahead of the headlight switch in the production line and I presume thats why you received them first.

Page 12 of 22 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 21 22

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard