Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 22 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 21 22
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
Thanks Tyler, and thanks for spending the time to put this all together, everyone appreciates it!!

[color:"green"]-Matt R

'99 Tropic Green LX, Zetec, ATX
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
Tyler,

You have PM and e-mail

SOLD Polarg M-28 super bright white bulbs. Replace yellow stock license plate bulbs. See add in classifieds. WANTED:: EVO style CF hood
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
I put in my guages just now... and I was disappointed.

I can't read the Km/h part at night (look like red blobs), which is kinda a big thing here...

So I swapped the stock ones back in. Guess I'll sell the S&H ones on the classifieds or (gulp) Ebay.

At least I got a look at the inside of the cluster, though... plenty of room to add some crazy lighting in there!

EDIT: playing around with my 1W LEDs... now I see why these things need a heat sink! Oh, and my camera couldn't take a pic of 4 of them on... they're that bright!

Last edited by Big Daddy Kane; 04/12/06 04:25 AM.

Goin' Round Traffic Circles @ 50Km/h!!! \m/ -- 1998 E0 SVT #2119 of 6535 \m/ -- 2003 Sentra SE-R Spec V
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by Big Daddy Kane:

I can't read the Km/h part at night (look like red blobs), which is kinda a big thing here...

So I swapped the stock ones back in. Guess I'll sell the S&H ones on the classifieds or (gulp) Ebay.

At least I got a look at the inside of the cluster, though... plenty of room to add some crazy lighting in there!

EDIT: playing around with my 1W LEDs... now I see why these things need a heat sink! Oh, and my camera couldn't take a pic of 4 of them on... they're that bright!

Red blobs?

Did you chrome the cluster and upgrade the bulbs?

Tony 1998 SVT Contour (B/MB) #542 3L 1998 SVT Contour (SF/MB) #1266 parts car 2000 SVT Contour (SF/MB) #1533 3L swap to begin!
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by CSVT1214:

Red blobs?

Did you chrome the cluster and upgrade the bulbs?

Oh yeah... I've got mad lighting in there.

It doesn't have anything to do with the lighting... it's just that it's not detailed enough. Like if you tried using a old sharpie to make small numbers/letters instead of a sharp pencil... they come out looking like "blobs."

And I happen to need to be able to read those blobs.

Goin' Round Traffic Circles @ 50Km/h!!! \m/ -- 1998 E0 SVT #2119 of 6535 \m/ -- 2003 Sentra SE-R Spec V
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Ok, HVAC is installed. But......it doesn't light up at all like in the pictures Tyler posted. When it is getting dark, they are great. Red glows through nicely, but then totally dark, the whole center of the panel glows red. Kinda cool actually.

My only complaint I guess is that the panel is not cut correctly. The left side of the panel is not long enough and the clear plastic under the HVAC overlay shows at the very edge.

Anything that can be done about this Tyler? Are all of them cut exactly the same way?

It is only off by about 1mm.

Tony 1998 SVT Contour (B/MB) #542 3L 1998 SVT Contour (SF/MB) #1266 parts car 2000 SVT Contour (SF/MB) #1533 3L swap to begin!
A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
Where are you, Tyler? I've been sending you emails for a week now. USPS still says you haven't given them my package yet.

-Philip Maynard '95 Contour [71 STS | Track Whore] '97 Miata [71 ES | Boulevard Pimp] 2006 autocross results
S
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by Auto-X Fil:
Where are you, Tyler? I've been sending you emails for a week now. USPS still says you haven't given them my package yet.

Im here Im here, not leaving you guys in the dark, sorry for the long dated response.

Hope everyone had a great Holiday weekend. I know we all sure did! Much needed time off!

Ok, I have received a few emails about gauges not showing up. Im not 100% sure how many from here did not receive there gauges but I need to know, it seems that someone has taken them out of our mailbox, which was packed full. You guys are not the only ones this has happened to. I have a few cusomters with the same problems, I have contacted USPS, as all packages were insured, however it is unclear at this time what will happen. But new gauges are being made. So please email me sales@sh-autotrends.com with the subject Contour GP Gauges not received.

As far as fitment on the HVAC, where is it not fitting? These panels will also be remade and corrected. I thought they were a good fit, however I will remake them if yours do not fit, if anyone has pics that would be great, also email those to me so I can get them corrected on Autocad. Thats the bad thing about no having the car here to test it on.

Any other issues I will reslove within the next few minutes.

Thanks,
Tyler

S
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
S

Can you get me a pic? Is that the only gauge that is messed up? I will make you a new one no problem.

Thanks,
Tyler

S
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by CSVT1214:
Ok, HVAC is installed. But......it doesn't light up at all like in the pictures Tyler posted. When it is getting dark, they are great. Red glows through nicely, but then totally dark, the whole center of the panel glows red. Kinda cool actually.

My only complaint I guess is that the panel is not cut correctly. The left side of the panel is not long enough and the clear plastic under the HVAC overlay shows at the very edge.

Anything that can be done about this Tyler? Are all of them cut exactly the same way?

It is only off by about 1mm.

They can all be remade. The HVAC panels have to be made differently than the guages due to the very low lighting the stock HVAC receives, however I will change things up once agian with some new things we got, and everything will come out perfect!

Agian a pic would be perfect! So I know exactly what to change.

Thanks,
Tyler

Page 11 of 22 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 21 22

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard