Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Originally posted by elraido:
for me it is 97-98 Eagle Talon....just makes me want to cry.

Yeah and the crankwalk issue makes most owners of them want to cry too - hence why I sold my 97 DSM for the SVT!

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by TourDeForce:
why wouldn't someone just buy a mustang if they wanted a 5.0 rwd?

Insurance is less on a Contour SE.

if that is the only thing you can come up with.....geeeeez. lol I am thinking the cost of converting the car to that would be a little more that what it would cost to insure a mustang

I think you're missing the point.

Function before fashion. '96 Contour SE "Toss the Contour into a corner, and it's as easy to catch as a softball thrown by a preschooler." -Edmunds, 1998
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by Pudmunkie:
Originally posted by TourDeForce:
why wouldn't someone just buy a mustang if they wanted a 5.0 rwd?

Insurance is less on a Contour SE.

Because its different and would be fun

Focus with 03 cobra engine is i think like 50 grand. why buy that when you can get an actual mustang for... less than 30.

Focus would be a sleeper, and a shitload of fun to drive

That $50k is a joke. A grassroots guy could do the whole thing for under 10k, I'd guess.

The "demo" was 50k because they went out and bought a brand new Focus and ordered a brand new crate SVT Cobra motor from Ford, etc.

You could buy a used Focus and drop in a more mundane 5.0, and if you are handy with a welder you could do much of the fab work yourself.

Better yet if you buy a whole Mustang parts car and sell off parts to recoup some cost. There'll be a lot of Focus parts that won't go back on the car, either.

And so on...

Function before fashion. '96 Contour SE "Toss the Contour into a corner, and it's as easy to catch as a softball thrown by a preschooler." -Edmunds, 1998
K
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
K
The whole 5L swap thing came up with The Tempo-Topaz website when I stilled owned that thing. Granted that the Tempo and Tour are not the same platform. But they decided that it was just impossible (mainly engine bay size)

98 Contour GL 4 cyl 131,000 miles - 57,000 w/o a CEL! Get Firefox
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Well for the Focus V8 thing, there's a kit that requires no welder or real fabrication at all, it's all "bolt in" Then of it, buy a $10,000 focus, build or buy and V8 for $10,000, and that'd be alot for a V8, then put em together and you got a V8 Focus with an unbeatable power to weight ratio for $20,000

~Alex

~Alex Ex- SVT Driver627 MUST SELL!!!LOCAL: Pre-98 MOLDED trunk Polk db speakers Corolla parts LED Underbody Kit PM 2000 Green CSVT gone on 2/17/06 2001 Toyota Corolla (SHE RUNS!!!) 1989 Mustang LX 5.0
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard