Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
S
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
S
i pulled up to a pump once and put my card in and nothing happened.. then realized it was saying begin fueling, but it didn't read my card, so i pumped gas. I filled the whole tank. Then left. Felt guilty about it but i think someone swiped their card and then left or something. I'm so going to hell

1998.5 Diamond White Pearl SVT (#4725) custom exhaust/intake k&N/mod'ed y-pipe slotted rotors/greenstuff pads/SS lines cougar trans/FSVT shift tower/Torsen 16lb. flywheel 18" Velox VX-8's with some rubba bands
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
I'm pretty sure I've been to your gas station many times going to and from Norfolk VA. Unless there are two Sheetz stations on that particular stretch and town

Perhaps he became side tracked and seriously thought he paid already?

People do it all the time at work. They take their change and drive off without their food

AND they never come back

T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
I actually ran into something really stupid while in the 'burg over break. I had to pre-pay inside even if I was going to use my CC. Mind you I was in the inner city. It really confused me so I asked the clerk why and he said that a lot of the local people would steal credit cards and try to get gas with it. It was a really strange experience... I probably looked just as strange gasing up an svt with premium in kahkis and a polo shirt with loafers in the inner city. LOL!

B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by elraido:
What type of world do you live in were you have to pay first? That is almost unheard of to me....well, at least up until this last summer when my brother who lives in the twin cities told me he has to. I was like WTF? Pay before you put the gas in....that is the dumbest thing in the world. And i remember the good old days of gas being 90 some cents a gallon....not even 10 years ago. Geez.

Yeah, I never saw anything like that till I moved to Texas. There's a few here that make you do it after dusk, but I always pay with my card anyway so it doesn't matter.

BTW: I'm from Iowa, so I guess the Midwest is just trustworthy...

Goin' Round Traffic Circles @ 50Km/h!!! \m/ -- 1998 E0 SVT #2119 of 6535 \m/ -- 2003 Sentra SE-R Spec V
L
CEG road warrior
CEG road warrior
L
Originally posted by Y2KMondeoSVT:
For ONE ... he put about 10 gallons of 87 octane in an SVT

For TWO ... He didn't even PAY for it !!

That makes a DOUBLE WHAMMY !! What an idiot !!

Hector 2003 Rally Red Mitsubishi Evolution VIII 257HP/259TQ 2005 Lapis Blue Mazda 6s RET: 00 Cabernet Red Ford Contour Zetec ATX SUPERCHARGED 160HP/141TQ
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by ContourSVT98:
perhaps the gas station employees needs a [censored] slap. Why let anyone fill any gas without paying first huh! Its like sending an item in the mail before getting paid first! DUMB AZZ!

-dan

Talk about dumbass.... Apparently someone's never left Southern California -- the only place in the entire world I've ever had to pay for gas before I pumped it with the rare exception of a few stations' policies after sundown.

2003 Mazda6s 3.0L MTX Webpage
2004 Mazda3s 2.3L ATX
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
"being 90 some cents a gallon...."

Gass was under a dollar 4 or 5 years ago abet for a very short period of time.

C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
here in the inner city of brooklyn where the locals will jam a 25 cents vaacumn machine for a quarter or a tip after showing you how to work it a new station had been built and for a week or so the pumps worked without paying. I guess the electronics preventing pumping before paying was not yet installed and so in order not to loose any money while waiting for the equiptment while the station was operational pumping before paying was allowed for a time.

C
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
C
Sorry dude, my mind was elsewhere and I totally forgot to pay.. My bad!

M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
I seen a gas station up in Toledo, Ohio where you gotta pay before you pump after sun down, me and my dad were there after a nascar race up in Michigan. He tried to fill up his truck and nothing happened the clerk came out and said he had to pay first. He also uses his Check Card for paying for gas and it wasen't a pay at the pump either.
They should make pumps where it has a money slot so it locks the nozzle in until you put money in and if you put in to much it gives you change or something and if you put in to little it'll stop at the amount you put in the machine, that would be kinda cool.

Jason G. 1997 Mercury Mystique GS ZETEC ATX Born: 11/96
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard