Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
E
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
E
First one

Second one

One picture is of it on and the other is off. I can take some better upclose pictures (those are from my cell). The actual thing looks a ton better than the pics, its blue when lit and the little pictures on it are completely visible (off has red in it, second has yellow in it, and the headlights have green in it). Its white when off. I thought that the el would have glown blue-green, but its more blue than anything.

-ivan c.

Last edited by eyevancsu; 01/10/05 04:17 AM.
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
Nice! Did you make that yourself or buy it?

[color:"green"]-Matt R

'99 Tropic Green LX, Zetec, ATX
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
thats what i was gonna ask....i want one toooooooo

"Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but STUPID lasts forever."-Aristophanes. --93 pgt,headers,intake,borla=14.9 1/4mile
E
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
E
I made it yesterday after the el arrived. The bottom layer is the el, then comes one or two layers of transparencies (for how dark or see-through i want the pictures to be), then i laminate it all with scotch self-laminating sheets. Its a b***h to cut the hole in the middle, but it looks awesome at night (or day). Im looking for laminating sheets that are matte (mine are glossy, although you cant tell) so that the sun doesnt reflect off them. The only problem is that the headlight picture on it is a little high so it doesnt line up perfect with the switch (but i can live with it). Also, im guessing its normal for there to be a high-pitched sound comming from the inverter?

-ivan

R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Looks good, maybe a little too bright though. Do the HVAC next... I really need to do something about mine, it just bothers me!

E
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
E
Its nice and bright, but not nearly as much as the pic makes you think, its just the phones crappy camera. It glows nice and blue, but not too much imo. Im going to order a bigger piece of el in a few days to work on my hvac as well.

ivan

R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by eyevancsu:
Im going to order a bigger piece of el in a few days to work on my hvac as well.

ivan

If only i had the time or effort to do something like this!

Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Its nice and bright, but not nearly as much as the pic makes you think, its just the phones crappy camera. It glows nice and blue, but not too much imo. Im going to order a bigger piece of el in a few days to work on my hvac as well.

ivan

so when does the group buy start??? ...or how about i just mail you some$$$ so you can make them for me....yes there should be a noise but you can usaully get rid of it with the adjuster for the brightness

"Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but STUPID lasts forever."-Aristophanes. --93 pgt,headers,intake,borla=14.9 1/4mile
N
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
N
Originally posted by tour96se:

ivan

so when does the group buy start??? ...

I want !
I want !
I want !
I want !
I want !
I want !
I want !

M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
Heh eyevancsu, consider making a group buy on this if you can perfect it. The headlight switch and the HVAC. You could make some serious cash on this.

[color:"green"]-Matt R

'99 Tropic Green LX, Zetec, ATX
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard