Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
K
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
K
I'm just saying, this chapter has to be the least active bunch on all of CEG, even the Canadians have us beat, Guh! Our chapter is DEAD! And I've only been here 3 months.

2006 Mazdaspeed6 1997 Yamaha YZF1000R Thunderace 1996 Volvo 850-R
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
CANADIANS RULE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aaron

AKA NVS SVT 98.5 Silver/Blue SVT#4553 Yeah it's modded 98 T-Red/Blue SVT Contour Totaled 06/05/06 03 3L,VCN 2000,CAT Cams,MSDS Headers w/Y-Pipe,XCal2 and lots more
L
CEG road warrior
CEG road warrior
L
Originally posted by NVS Mystique:
CANADIANS RULE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aaron

Hector 2003 Rally Red Mitsubishi Evolution VIII 257HP/259TQ 2005 Lapis Blue Mazda 6s RET: 00 Cabernet Red Ford Contour Zetec ATX SUPERCHARGED 160HP/141TQ
D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
Not everything in Texas is great, just most things.

I
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
I

I'm moving to Denton.

W
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
W
Originally posted by Kokopellian:
Our chapter is DEAD! And I've only been here 3 months.

Does anyone see a connection??? Hmmm...

J/K!

Roger - "Old Guy" "Every car is a sports car sometime." 1999 White SE Sport V6 MTX 2005 Toyota Sienna - 8 passenger
?
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
?
I'm just saying, this chapter has to be the least active bunch on all of CEG, even the Canadians have us beat, Guh! Our chapter is DEAD! And I've only been here 3 months.

Sounds good to me.

Suck it Trebek! And by Trebek I mean Seaegee!
B
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
B

Are you referring to the fact that the SC forum isn't as lively as other forums, or that there aren't many group activities in the SC area? As far as getting together for meets, SC is really spread out.....this group covers territory from Houston to St. Louis. That's a lot of distance for many folks to get together. I would also venture the theory that here in the rural midwest, there is less interest in the Contours, as many younger guys (and gals too) are into pickups, SUV's, and muscle cars. Here in Kansas, SVT's are extremely rare, I've only seen one in my life.

-Mark- '99 Mystique LS, totally original (including the original water pump and the premium stereo)! Bought new in December 1998 for $21,000. 208,000 miles
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by Beachboy:

Are you referring to the fact that the SC forum isn't as lively as other forums, or that there aren't many group activities in the SC area? As far as getting together for meets, SC is really spread out.....this group covers territory from Houston to St. Louis. That's a lot of distance for many folks to get together. I would also venture the theory that here in the rural midwest, there is less interest in the Contours, as many younger guys (and gals too) are into pickups, SUV's, and muscle cars. Here in Kansas, SVT's are extremely rare, I've only seen one in my life.

I've seen a couple SVT's in S.A., but none in New Braunfels(Plenty of old ladies in 'tours though)

"Eagles may soar high, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by TexasRealtor:
Originally posted by Beachboy:

I've seen a couple SVT's in S.A., but none in New Braunfels(Plenty of old ladies in 'tours though)

I've only seen one "anonymous" SVT in the Wichita area, that I remember. The other two, I've known the owners. Anyway, there's a T-red one that I see around Derby, but I've no idea who it is. Early SE's are just as rare, if not more so.

Back on topic: Yeah, I'd say we're too spread out. I see a lot of meets and stuff going on down in OK or TX, or maybe even in KC, but it seems like there's only a couple of us here in Wichita. And me, I don't get out much. (Too many kids.)

Hmmm. Maybe we should make plans for next year's big car show in Old Town. Or, maybe we could all drive in the Derby Days parade to give people something to look at besides Corvairs, Camaros, Model Ts, and Shriner jeeps?

Or maybe the two of us could join the Wichita SCCA and go to their meetings, instead?

Function before fashion. '96 Contour SE "Toss the Contour into a corner, and it's as easy to catch as a softball thrown by a preschooler." -Edmunds, 1998
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Eric L_dup1, louisw_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard