Originally posted by PackRat:
I have a job dingleberry. [/quote%5

2005 Subaru Legacy | Ban Them Forever
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
All you do is cover up societies problems with a nice smell, you don't solve them.

You missed a step or two. First they create the problem, then pretend to be the ones who can fix it. In addition, they'll blame a Republican for either creating the problem or making it worse. For example, Social Security.

R
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
Originally posted by zgendron:
Wow, we almost got a competent opinion out of you without resorting to that classic E-thug approach that you use so well. Almost...

Originally posted by Packrat:
Since you couldn't leave well enough alone.

Was this a threat? Comeon. I've been looking for you to actually engage in a semi-educated argument for about an hour now. This is exactly what I was looking for. So, not really sure what the threat is all about.

The way liberals treat minorities is racist. Liberals only care about Blacks, Mexicans, etc. when it comes to elections.

You truly believe this, don't you? That's just sad. Many of the "liberals" I know regularly volunteer their time to help others, many are teachers, many donate much more than just their money (in addition to taxes). When it comes to politics, you could use this argument for either side. Really sad that this is your opinion of all liberals. When was the last time you tried to help someone less fortunate?

I agree that many of the benefits provided by the government do not help people in their situations, but only continue to extend the problem. However, I think you've gone ahead again and painted this broad brush (as you seem to enjoy doing) and grouped all liberals as evil. However, I wouldn't put all the "blame" on liberals for making the poor so dependent on these programs. I have heard very few suggestions from Republicans besides "cut the program."

Is the solution to just cut those programs and let those on it sink or swim? Hardly. Can you imagine the problems we would have then? We do need to devise a new program. Clearly the current program has problems. A program that can be implemented in conjunction with the current programs in place. To cut these programs without offering other solutions is completely asinine.

What efforts are conservatives doing to help people that can't help themselves? Clearly there are people out there that can't help themselves! Also, as long as there are laws and policies, there will always be loopholes, and people abusing those loophopes. The part I like the most is how when the wealthy abuse the system, I don't really hear conservatives bitching about all the tax dollars it is costing them. Guess what, it is! But, when the poor abuse social programs they sure are up in arms. Where do you think this country loses more money? Tax loophopes, or social programs? There is a reason social workers are paid very little, but tax law is a very lucritive business.

I see a possible answer in education. Our public education system is an absolute disgrass! If you haven't read it, I would highly recommend a book by Jonathan Kozol called "Savage Inequalities." Education is not the only answer, but strengthing our education process is a must! If we have any chance of allowing minorites an opportunity to help themselves, it must begin with education.

I won't get into the various programs that have been cut, and how they truly are disgrassful to see them let go, and who is suffering as a result. Hell, I'll even stick with programs that are ONLY affecting children.

In closing. You should know that I am absolutely not a democrat and stay very much independent to choose the canidate that I believe will be best for our country. Nor do I vote for someone simply to follow a party line. I, along with the majority of my colleages, simply refuse the sheep mentality that I've seen rampent among the current majority. Think for yourselves!

Very well put!

99 Contour Sport SE MTX KKM filter, B&M shifter No res, BAT kit Green car silver hood (because silver is faster)
P
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
P
Originally posted by zgendron:
Wow, we almost got a competent opinion out of you without resorting to that classic E-thug approach that you use so well. Almost...

Since you couldn't leave well enough alone.

Was this a threat? Comeon. I've been looking for you to actually engage in a semi-educated argument for about an hour now. This is exactly what I was looking for. So, not really sure what the threat is all about.

The way liberals treat minorities is racist. Liberals only care about Blacks, Mexicans, etc. when it comes to elections.

You truly believe this, don't you? That's just sad. Many of the "liberals" I know regularly volunteer their time to help others, many are teachers, many donate much more than just their money (in addition to taxes). When it comes to politics, you could use this argument for either side. Really sad that this is your opinion of all liberals. When was the last time you tried to help someone less fortunate?

It's sad because it is the truth.

Quote:

I agree that many of the benefits provided by the government do not help people in their situations, but only continue to extend the problem. However, I think you've gone ahead again and painted this broad brush (as you seem to enjoy doing) and grouped all liberals as evil. However, I wouldn't put all the "blame" on liberals for making the poor so dependent on these programs. I have heard very few suggestions from Republicans besides "cut the program."

Sometimes you have to cut the program in order to cure the problem.
Quote:

Is the solution to just cut those programs and let those on it sink or swim?

Exactly. It's called tough love. The problem with liberals is they're too wishy washy.

Quote:

Can you imagine the problems we would have then? We do need to devise a new program. Clearly the current program has problems. A program that can be implemented in conjunction with the current programs in place. To cut these programs without offering other solutions is completely asinine.

That's the typical liberal response. Replace the program with another program and then another program and then another program and then another program......rinse repeat.

Quote:

What efforts are conservatives doing to help people that can't help themselves?

Certainly more than the left. I don't hear the conservatives telling the black community that it's the fault of whitey as the reasons why they don't succeed or telling Mexican immigrants that it's perfectly fine to not learn English.

Quote:

Clearly there are people out there that can't help themselves!

Very few people actually qualify as this.

Quote:

Also, as long as there are laws and policies, there will always be loopholes, and people abusing those loophopes.

It didn't help when the left has expanded the American with Disabilities Act to include such disabilities as drug addiction, alcoholism and obesity. You can't complain about loopholes when you turn around and create them.

Quote:

The part I like the most is how when the wealthy abuse the system, I don't really hear conservatives bitching about all the tax dollars it is costing them. Guess what, it is!

Yeah the whole "tax breaks for the rich". Sell it to hallmark.

Quote:

But, when the poor abuse social programs they sure are up in arms. Where do you think this country loses more money? Tax loophopes, or social programs? There is a reason social workers are paid very little, but tax law is a very lucritive business.

I'm sure your friends in Hollywood love those loopholes just like everything else.

Quote:

I see a possible answer in education. Our public education system is an absolute disgrass! If you haven't read it, I would highly recommend a book by Jonathan Kozol called "Savage Inequalities." Education is not the only answer, but strengthing our education process is a must! If we have any chance of allowing minorites an opportunity to help themselves, it must begin with education.

The left [censored] the education system up with teachers unions which make it difficult, if not impossible to get rid of half assed or abusive educators.

Quote:

I won't get into the various programs that have been cut, and how they truly are disgrassful to see them let go, and who is suffering as a result. Hell, I'll even stick with programs that are ONLY affecting children.

That means you got squat to argue with.

Quote:

In closing. You should know that I am absolutely not a democrat and stay very much independent to choose the canidate that I believe will be best for our country. Nor do I vote for someone simply to follow a party line. I, along with the majority of my colleages, simply refuse the sheep mentality that I've seen rampent among the current majority. Think for yourselves!

OMG the irony.

P
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
P
Originally posted by jerseycat10:
I have a job dingleberry.

How old are you? Just curious on how successful in life you are with your highly respectable job.

29 and I'm doing just fine, thank you.

P
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
P
Originally posted by jerseycat10:
If you don't like the way I post, perhaps coming into my thread to add your two cents was a bad idea?

Oh, so it is only ok when someone agree's with you in your threads. You must have no friends where you live in dusty ol' Las Cruces, New Mexico.

That's right. Nobody said I had to give people equal opportunity. This is not a democracy.

Quote:

Actually, Las Cruces is in the higher elevations of New Mexico and far from being "dusty". It's a touch dry, but one of the nicer places to live in NM.

It's been a bit dusty from time to time, mostly dust blown in from Arizona due to all that hot air blowing out of Kalifornia.

R
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
Originally posted by Davo:
All you do is cover up societies problems with a nice smell, you don't solve them.

You missed a step or two. First they create the problem, then pretend to be the ones who can fix it. In addition, they'll blame a Republican for either creating the problem or making it worse. For example, Social Security.

And all the while the conservatives stand by going "Oh my God I can't believe all this that's going on and we can't do a thing!"
Davo says "I'm a Republican and I'm a victim!"
Your statement is so absurd it's almost funny, but it's definitely scary that you believe it's true.

99 Contour Sport SE MTX KKM filter, B&M shifter No res, BAT kit Green car silver hood (because silver is faster)
P
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
P
Originally posted by RT and his SE:
Originally posted by Davo:

And all the while the conservatives stand by going "Oh my God I can't believe all this that's going on and we can't do a thing!"
Davo says "I'm a Republican and I'm a victim!"
Your statement is so absurd it's almost funny, but it's definitely scary that you believe it's true.

Yeah well I don't hear any solutions coming from the lefties other than throwing blame and horror stories around so Davo is on point.

D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Rusty, explain why it's so absurd.

R
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
BS Packrat! It's your President that wants the illegals hear to help provide cheap labor for big business and decrease wages at the same time because the market is flooded with people who work for less. The less educated they are the more they like it. You don't stand up for yourself if your afraid or don't know that your being taken advantage of. Housing prices going down? Nope! Food prices going down? Not this time! Energy prices shrinking? Yeah right! Wages...yes they are going down so I guess the Republicans do have a program the works!

Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard