Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
K
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
K
Yuck.

Drove an S40 2.4T and thought it was nice enough. But all decked out it looks stupid.

MazdaSpeed 6 looks better.

Kerry

99 SVT Contour Silver Frost, #365/2760, DMD 98 Audi A4 2.8 Quattro Tiptronic, 30V -- SOLD! 91 Isuzu Impulse XS Kammback, Handling By Lotus Victoria, BC, Canada
S
SAV Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
I just noticed...was that thing converted to rear drive? It's got a helluva deep dish set of rear wheels to be front/all wheel drive.

Troll. 1997 VW Jetta MkIII GLS 5spd All hail my appearance on CEG!
A
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
A
Originally posted by kerrychin:
Yuck. Drove an S40 2.4T and thought it was nice enough. But all decked out it looks stupid.
MazdaSpeed 6 looks better. Kerry

Kerry, what you drove would be the old model S40 (2.4T). The new S40 is a significantly different, much improved car, same chassis as the Mazda6 and the European Focus.

I prefer the S40 looks over the Mazda 6 and the Evolve S40 over the MazdaSpeed 6 but hey, it would be a really dull world if everyone like the same thing .

Originally posted by SAV-ZX2:
I just noticed...was that thing converted to rear drive? It's got a helluva deep dish set of rear wheels to be front/all wheel drive.

Sav-ZX2, it's AWD. Uses the same Swedish Haldex drive system as other Volvo's, the Audi TT, some VW's, etc.

Regards, Alan

03 Volvo S60 2.5T AWD 98 Mystique 2.5 MTX 99 SVT - Inheriting Lil Monster's parts 98 SVT - Lil Monster (RIP) 183.7 whp Quaife/Fidanza/UR UD Clutch AFE/MSDS/SHO-Y/Bassani/MagnaCore GC/Koni/22mmR/EndLinks/ES/ KVR Slotted/1144's/SS Lines/MASItaly
S
SAV Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by Alan Coles:
Kerry, what you drove would be the old model S40 (2.4T). The new S40 is a significantly different, much improved car, same chassis as the Mazda6 and the European Focus.

Sav-ZX2, it's AWD. Uses the same Swedish Haldex drive system as other Volvo's, the Audi TT, some VW's, etc.

Regards, Alan

Alan,

Thanks for the corrections. I honestly thought the S40 pictured was rear drive, but I had my doubts. However I must point out that the new Volvo S40 is based on the European 2005 Focus and the Mazda 3 here in North America, NOT the Mazda 6 as you stated. The Mazda 6 is a midsize car while the S40 is not.

-SAV

Troll. 1997 VW Jetta MkIII GLS 5spd All hail my appearance on CEG!
K
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
K
Originally posted by Alan Coles:
Originally posted by kerrychin:
Yuck. Drove an S40 2.4T and thought it was nice enough. But all decked out it looks stupid.
MazdaSpeed 6 looks better. Kerry

I prefer the S40 looks over the Mazda 6 and the Evolve S40 over the MazdaSpeed 6 but hey, it would be a really dull world if everyone like the same thing .

Regards, Alan

What?

No, I drove a 2005 S40 2.4T, it's the new platform shared with the Mazda3 and European Focus.

I think the V50 is pretty hot. Esp for a wagon. Maybe the prettiest wagon out there (apart from an S4 Avant).

Kerry

99 SVT Contour Silver Frost, #365/2760, DMD 98 Audi A4 2.8 Quattro Tiptronic, 30V -- SOLD! 91 Isuzu Impulse XS Kammback, Handling By Lotus Victoria, BC, Canada
H
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
H
there is no 2.4t. the 2.4 is nonturbo. the t5 is 2.5. maybe u drove the 168hp nonturbo version. the t5 is 218hp

Hugo AIM:omegazodiac 95 gl & 99 contour svt #1750/2760 my profile pics stuff for sale
H
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
H
Originally posted by Horse:
well - on flat dround while going straight ahead you are right.

Carving corners - no

When you corner the inside edge of the tire looses contact - therefore if you set up the car with - camber the tire actually flattens out as you turn - increasing grip.

that makes sense. thanks

Hugo AIM:omegazodiac 95 gl & 99 contour svt #1750/2760 my profile pics stuff for sale
I
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
I
hot but something is wrong with its arse..
its like checking out a hot girl and expecting to see an amazing ass when she turns around but POOF
nutin

-the original non contour owner- an m3 or an sti? thats like asking "Miss USA or Hooter's waitress?" 05' Sti Silver/Silver
A
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
A
SAV-ZX2, you're right, my bad . OK if I chalk it up to my concussion two months ago?
I knew it was the 3 not the Mazda 6, my *old* brain doesn't always stay in gear anymore. Perhaps, I'd better have the syncros checked.
Originally posted by izzodesh:
hot but something is wrong with its arse..
its like checking out a hot girl and expecting to see an amazing ass when she turns around but POOF
nutin

My feeling as well, and your analogy is most appropriate. I suspect it has to do while the camera lens, and possibly the angle, that the photographer was using. There appears to be way too much curve at the extremes which is similar to what you get sometimes if you use a "fish-eye" lens for close-up work and don't get everything just right.

Certainly that rear camber appears to be a real tire eater for anything but the tightest of Auto-X courses.

Regards, Alan

03 Volvo S60 2.5T AWD 98 Mystique 2.5 MTX 99 SVT - Inheriting Lil Monster's parts 98 SVT - Lil Monster (RIP) 183.7 whp Quaife/Fidanza/UR UD Clutch AFE/MSDS/SHO-Y/Bassani/MagnaCore GC/Koni/22mmR/EndLinks/ES/ KVR Slotted/1144's/SS Lines/MASItaly
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Wow, they managed to make an already attractive car look better. I am definitely sold, I will most likely be buying one of those within the year.

98' Contour SVT #607 of 6535 05' Mazda 6s Audio/Visual enthusiast because it's one of the many things I went through 4 years of hell for
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  hetfield_dup1, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard