Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#1105824 11/15/04 12:51 AM
J
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
J
so i have been toying with the idea of buying a tour,i was thinking of the 98+ se v6 5-speed but after doin some research on the contour svt i think im going to go that route,well i found one in the classfied section at contour.org for sale in NY,black paint,everything i was looking for.i contacted the owner 2 days ago about purchasing it,it was for sale for $3,500 and it was still for sale ,well he contacts me back today and says that it was just sold..i was like #uck,what the hell...so i guess my question to all of you is how can i locate a tour svt with a days drive of were i live????i can't spend more then the $3,500..you guys haver any ideas i would greately appreciate it..

thanks

C
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
C
good luck with such little money!

2002 Cougar 2.5 duratec/ mtx-75 85,0000 Mondeo ST-200 wheels/BFG KDW NT black/black Spec Stage 1 Torsen T-2 Trubendz 2.5 flowmaster dual exaust apexi s-afc II K&N FIPK
J
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
J
well i found one for $3,500 so im guessing luck isn't it....

S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by jmsmathis:
well i found one for $3,500 so im guessing luck isn't it....

No, but rare!

2003 Toyota Matrix 1972 Pontiac Ventura II "Sprint" 1998 SVT !SOLD!
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
autotrader, newspaper, autoclassifieds.

pretty straight forward actually . You just need to keep looking.

im a bad example, i bought the first SVT I looked at :-x. I dont really regret it either, its got its quirks, and i can accept that ;p

Alex '99 SVT Contour -=|WANTED: Vortech, working or not |=-
G
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
G
post a wanted ad in the classifieds.!

WTB: Andy's Auto Sport front bumper only... a chip for my 98se
I
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
I
i'd say keep looking, it will take a little while. i searched a while for mine..
and you'll be real lucky if you get one for 3500, not to discourage you, but you'd prob be able to find an SE that price range.
you also have to keep in mind, maybe it was selling for 3500 for a reason - accident, high miles, bad shape, etc etc.. hopefully you can work on cars to save money cause you'll most likely have to change out water pump, thermo, etc the usual quirks.

00 CSVT #390
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by irda:
i'd say keep looking, it will take a little while. i searched a while for mine..
and you'll be real lucky if you get one for 3500, not to discourage you, but you'd prob be able to find an SE that price range.
you also have to keep in mind, maybe it was selling for 3500 for a reason - accident, high miles, bad shape, etc etc.. hopefully you can work on cars to save money cause you'll most likely have to change out water pump, thermo, etc the usual quirks.

$3500 is doable for any Contour. The issue is that it is the difference between a really nice SE and a (usually) fairly beat up SVT. If on a budget, I'd stick to the SE V6 ... insurance is cheaper, gas is cheaper (87 versus premium), and certain parts are more easily found and can be cheaper too.

But the luxury of having a fully-loaded car ... so many little things the SVT has that mine doesn't (intermittent wipers, fog lights, leather, sunroof, rear split folding seats, etc. ... all except sunroof were standard on the SVT) ... I think 98+ SE V6 MTX Contours with all these options are more rare and hard to find than SVTs in themselves!

J
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
J
thanks alot guys,you are making me rethink my ideas know...i found a couple of nice 98+ se v6's with mtx for around $3,000,drop in the lsd for another $600 do some misc stuff,id have a nice little fast car....

S
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
S
Yeah, quite honestly, I would say that if you find an SVT for anywhere under $6000, you'll find that there is something wrong with it, or it has high mileage. Now an SE you can probably swing $3500 and get a decent ride. I speak from experience. I was looking for about 6 months before I got my 98 T-Red SVT. I found one for sale in VA, and traveled from NW Indiana to get it because the guy really didn't know what he had, and how much it was worth. I spent $5800 on mine with 65,000 miles and in damn near perfect condition. (The sunroof motor of course had to be replaced, but who hasn't had that issue, right?) With my travel expenses, I spent $6000 to the penny. Hope you can find someone who thinks they just have a "Contour for sale", and doesn't realize that an SVT pulls a lot more dough.
All I can say is good luck and happy hunting!

98 T-Red/Midnight Blue CSVT #643/6535 Just did the Alternator replacement! Newest Mod: Ford 9mm Racing wires and new double plats. I Mod as I can; income determines awesomeness! '98 CSVT '03 Harley 883 Sportster Custom (Chromed out!)
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard