Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Z
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
Z
Yes the mustang 70mm throttle body will work on our cars! With some work of course, I have a 2000 mustang GT throttle body on my car, a few things must be done: Spacer/adapter plate(must make a small adapter plate the same size as the original TB with a hole to match the 70mm(must be done for egr passage sealing), port intake opening so throttle plate will fit, grind off plastic on 70mm tb, install throttle cable "ball" on 70mm, might have to change harness end (I had too (95 contour)). And maybe a few little things. One word of warning thou, the gas peadal will be much more sensitive!!!! Only the first little bit, after that not as much, you will have to get used to taking off from a stop again thou if you are 5 speed.

98 Contour SE 3.0L 5-speed SCT PRP, Gutted IMRC's, Fidanza Flywheel, Race Ported 2004 3.0L Oval Port, Zex 125hp shot, 70mm Mustang TB, 42Lb injectors,Walbro 255 pump, Traction Bars, Zeitronix wideband o2, lots of little things, 10,000K HID's!!
J
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by RoadiJeff:
Several people have criticized bjjranger for posting about a throttle body optimization that already has a how-to procedure on the CEG website and has been discussed for a long time on here. However, I found his post quite informative.

His link provided the only pics I've seen of how to modify the halfshaft and they make it quite clear on what to do. The CEG how-to is difficult to understand in that area and, although many people have complained, no one has edited it.

Yes, the "RoguePerformance" website he links to is really fun. Had to cringe when I saw the MAF modification!

Lots of other interesting stuff and the pictures are very good. Definitely worth checking out even if just for the entertainment value. I've worked on much of the late 80s and early 90s ford stuff they talk about so its kind of nostalgic...wait, what am I saying, I still drive this stuff daily!

99 Tropic Green SVT, Tan Leather, 20K miles, "Nice Twin" (factory stock). 99 Tropic Green SVT, Tan Leather, 28K miles, "Evil Twin" (Turbo AER 3L and more in progress) 96 Red LX, Opal Grey Leather 2.5L, ATX, 22K miles
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Originally posted by zrated:
Yes the mustang 70mm throttle body will work on our cars!

Of course you missed the entire part about it causing you to lose power.

Even moderately modified SVT's were dynoing loses with the 4.6L 65mm TB and no A/F tuning. A 70mm would be even more overkill.

2000 SVT #674 13.47 @ 102 - All Motor! It was not broke; Yet I fixed it anyway.
H
Harrry Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
Hey thanks guys, for the imput on my opinions, i'll make sure to not add anything anymore!I got the first comment by jonnysvt! Which he then helped me undestand to look at places i didn't know about before 1example(archives).

I don't need 5 more people writing me and pm'ing me, telling me over and over about how stupid my post was, Seriously it's awesome ripping on people! So do me a favor rip on my comments more trust me it actaully makes me realize how much more respectful people get over a computer these days when those abscent minded people endulge themselves with meaningless scenerios, to help themselves feel better by venting on others.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
H
Harrry Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
demon svt thankyou for th repley , i read your statements on the archives about anything larger on the svt without tuning the fuel ratio will cause it to lose power, you metnioned that people have dynoed this! i belive you i read your about your car!

I do remmebr you mention that it still isn't worth it to opptomize the throttlebody on a stock engine? Is that correct!

G
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
G
i think he would say HELL YEAH optimize it

98.5 Black SE ATX S&B filter, SVT MAF, optimized SVT TB, mesh grille, removed orange reflectors, painted rear reflector, gutted pre-cats, optimized SVT LIM, 19lb injectors, resonator removed cant afford an svt but lookin for 1 in nc
F
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
F
Yet another case of people being a$$ holes and running newbies off of ceg.

This $hit pisses me off. How did you all learn this stuff? Thats right... you asked questions. If it wasnt for people asking "stupid" questions on here then these foroums would go no where.

So you see you push people away by bullying, there for scew us all over.

Am I the only one who sees this happen every day???

J
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by Focer:
Yet another case of people being a$$ holes and running newbies off of ceg.

This $hit pisses me off. How did you all learn this stuff? Thats right... you asked questions. If it wasnt for people asking "stupid" questions on here then these foroums would go no where.

So you see you push people away by bullying, there for scew us all over.

Am I the only one who sees this happen every day???

Relax, he's been getting treated better recently.

99 Tropic Green SVT, Tan Leather, 20K miles, "Nice Twin" (factory stock). 99 Tropic Green SVT, Tan Leather, 28K miles, "Evil Twin" (Turbo AER 3L and more in progress) 96 Red LX, Opal Grey Leather 2.5L, ATX, 22K miles
H
Harrry Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
OK guys i finally too the time and optimized my throttlebody, it honestly made a diff! It pulls harder all threw the rpms, it's sweet! well good mod for no money except my plate was alittle stick y untill i cleaned it with throttlebody cleaner, but now the car moves at top revs, thanks for god info! read the how to do mods!

K
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
K
English mother effer, do you speak it?!?!?!?!

#4559 of 6535 born on Feb 17, 1998 Black 1998.5 CSVT FOR SALE [cleaning house]: SVT rear swaybar. Reasonable offer and its yours!
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard