Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
H
Harrry Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
Now here is another idea i saw that the contour svt has two bars on both side of the throttle body plate, now if you remove that bar and remove one side of that bar it is increasing the size of the throttlebody, i see that the 63mm that they sell is just that, all they did is remove one side of the bar and remove half the bar width on the other bar supporting the plate so it can still have support when it is truning.

Now has anyone done this on there car?

I have done this on many car's before, mustangs come halfshafted throttlebodies stock from ford so this is how the idea of doing this came about.

Also would anybody know fi a mustang gt throttlebody will work on our cars?

Please look at this website! and scroll cown to get pics of what i'm talking about,

I'm just trying to get ideas and also help others in some way or another!

http://www.rogueperformance.com/UpperIntakeManifold.html

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
Yep. Thats the optimized throttle thing everyone talks about on here...

"...first he's gonna s*!t, then he's gonna kill us." 1999 Contour SVT Retrojunk.com
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
SEARCH is your friend.

Get to know him better...

2000 SVT #674 13.47 @ 102 - All Motor! It was not broke; Yet I fixed it anyway.
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
Seriously, it was cool the first few times you brought up hashed stuff because you're a noob and all, but this is getting out of control now. Are you going to discover that the y pipe is a horrible design and ask if anyone has "modified" it, I know you must have done it on another car already....

99 SVTC, T-Red, #652/2760-12.8.1998 Mother#@%@!* did I sound abstract? I hope it sounded more confusin than that!
H
Harrry Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
Well i did do the search button and nothing came up so i wrote some things up about it. But if you found something i would really read it cause i would like to learn from another view.

Jonny guy easy man i was just trying to help, but i guess testing some ideas is what some people do it's called imagination i have asked two, see 2 questions. I'm sorry i hurt your forums reputaion , man cause i have not been rude to any one and i have watched my step so far.

But hey i guess if you don't like my comments don't read them, it's called opinions so every person see's thing s from differnt perspectives and i wouldn't hate or disrepect anyone who was trying to help or learn from others!atleast i'm asking peoples opnions instead of writing (This thing i heard is the best and everyone should do this!) Have i ever said that so far? NO so what am i really doing wrong here? Cause hey i know you didn't build and design the a contour so i guess you never came up with ideas?

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
Buckshot does EXCELLENT work on throttle bodies, see his website.

You have a PM.

1999 Toreador Red SVT, DOB 4/22/99, 2005 Of 2760. "Many posted questions are answered by farm boys"
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
I don't hate you champ...all I'm saying is these cars have been dead and gone for at least 4 years now with some pretty knowledgable people toying with them daily. As Demon said above, a man you need to listen to especially if asking anything about these cars, search is your friend. Generally people are supposed to read the FAQs and Mods section before posting and such, avoiding asking questions like these. Welcome to CEG, I hope you enjoy the archives.

99 SVTC, T-Red, #652/2760-12.8.1998 Mother#@%@!* did I sound abstract? I hope it sounded more confusin than that!
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
The above statement would be like telling a bunch of DSM guys about the potential for crankwalk on their cars.

"it's kinda like. duh!"

Born again on 04/09/06 FOR SALE: Moonroof glass and motor MB sunshade PM ME!
G
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
G
dsm's have crankwalk problems?? didnt know that

98.5 Black SE ATX S&B filter, SVT MAF, optimized SVT TB, mesh grille, removed orange reflectors, painted rear reflector, gutted pre-cats, optimized SVT LIM, 19lb injectors, resonator removed cant afford an svt but lookin for 1 in nc
R
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
R
Several people have criticized bjjranger for posting about a throttle body optimization that already has a how-to procedure on the CEG website and has been discussed for a long time on here. However, I found his post quite informative.

His link provided the only pics I've seen of how to modify the halfshaft and they make it quite clear on what to do. The CEG how-to is difficult to understand in that area and, although many people have complained, no one has edited it.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard