Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 12 1 2 9 10 11 12
K
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
K
I have AAA of Michigan for insurance and it does work out that way for me. I mean the parts have a lifetime warranty, but then again, who keeps there car that long anyways so their butts are covered in that way. I may or may not keep the car long enough to take advantage of that lifetime warranty as I don't know what my next car is going to be (either the new Mustang or an EVO) Its going to come down to how I think the CSVT is holding up after 6 years of ownership. If it does and I think its an OK "daily driver", I've probably get the Stang, if not, I'd sell it and buy the EVO which I can drive year round I'll cross that bridge when I get to it, but in the meantime, I just want my CSVT back!

"THEE" Roger R USMondeo@aol.com 2005 Crossfire Limited coupe' -FOR SALE @buyout price & I'll... -throw in my 93' Regal as winter car *Dragon Run 06'...Oct 12-15th* Puur-fection Auto Detailing Complete packages from $140.00
G
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
G
dayam dude... i just read this thread... hope everything works out for ya...

2000 Silver SVT Contour - Daily Driver 1996 BBB Impala SS - Garage Queen http://www.cardomain.com/id/ghosstryda
K
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
K
Originally posted by ghosstryda:
dayam dude... i just read this thread... hope everything works out for ya...

Me too and it looks like I'm about a week and half away, that is if everything goes as planned on BAT's end. The backordered strut should be in on the last day of this month and then its just a matter of how quick it gets to the bodyshop. If all the planets line up, I'll have the car back and it will be even better than before

"THEE" Roger R USMondeo@aol.com 2005 Crossfire Limited coupe' -FOR SALE @buyout price & I'll... -throw in my 93' Regal as winter car *Dragon Run 06'...Oct 12-15th* Puur-fection Auto Detailing Complete packages from $140.00
N
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
N

banana dance for you!

1998 T-Red CSVT 3.0L
G
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
G
Sorry to bring up an old thread.

Having kids in the car had to freak you out.

I was always taught however, never ever attempt to aviod small animals by swerving. Just try and brake your way out of it.

I have hit a few racoons and whatnot by doing this but I stayed in my lane and never caused any damage. The worst part is getting out of the car and making sure they are dead. (crowbar works wonders) Point is its never worth risking your car, yourself , or in your case kids.

[GnuLoCo]

2000 Silver Frost Mercury Cougar V6 MTX Tint, Tails, Sidemarkers, Intake, Dual exhaust (Yo-Dude/Borla Hybrid) Full wings west kit, '01 OEM spoiler, ST200 RSTB, OMP FSTB, Nifty little '01 shift knob and Short Throw Shifter....
D
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
D
Originally posted by GnuLoCo:

I was always taught however, never ever attempt to aviod small animals by swerving. Just try and brake your way out of it.

I have hit a few racoons and whatnot by doing this but I stayed in my lane and never caused any damage. The worst part is getting out of the car and making sure they are dead. (crowbar works wonders) Point is its never worth risking your car, yourself , or in your case kids.

[GnuLoCo]

Small animals I agree with. Out here in Colorado you have to watch out for deer and elk! They cause so much damage it will total the car and they will still run away from the accident with minor injuries.

99 SE Sport SilverFrost MTX 01 F4i Red/White My mom says I shouldn't talk to conservatives.
K
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
K
The bodyshop expected the rear strut in yesterday and I don't know if it did, didn't want to jinx/bug them about it. He told me if it did come in Friday the car would be done at the end of this upcoming week. The light at the end of the tunnel is getting a bit brighter and I can't wait to see the "new and improved" CSVT of mine The only thing I don't know about is going back and "enjoying" my ride the way I used to. I'm not a loose nut behind the wheel, especially with my kids in the car, but having not been in this situation before I don't know how I'll react when I slip behind the wheel for the first time in about a month

W
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
W
You'll be fine---remember that last bad accident you drove by and swore to slow down? Maybe you did or maybe you didn't but since you were the accident the last time, you'll remember it and slow down or maybe think twice, but you'll still be OK. Just don't react like Drew Carey did after his accident---he froze. LOL Lookin forward to seein the new and improved. Did you decide what to do with the stripes? Post pix if you change them.

Last edited by wa2tuff; 05/01/04 04:23 PM.

WA 2 TUFF SVT 2000 Tropic Green SVT Born 1/28/2000-1975 out of 2150-only 207 made. Some new pics
K
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
K
I got a call from the bodyshop today and they talked to BAT, the damn strut just came in to them and its being shipped out ASAP but get this, its not being overnighted, WTF I just don't get it but I know this, I'm going to be EXTRA careful with my car when I get it back. Now it looks like the strut will be there Tuesday and my car should be done by the end of next week, SIX days before SZ04'

B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Six days should be enough time to get a couple dozen coats of polish though! And you'll have the freshest car at SZ too; fresh as a spring daisy!

-- 1999 SVT #220 -- In retrospect, it was all downhill from here. RIP, CEG.
Page 11 of 12 1 2 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  hetfield_dup1, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard