Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
S
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
S
For those who care, I got my new(used) car last wednesday...here is my new home on the web;

www.audiworld.com

1990 Audi 200 Turbo Quattro is my new toy!

I got a great deal and now its time to start the repairs!!

I'll be around so hopefully you guys will still allow me at the meets.

Oh, from my brief searches through the web the aftermarket for these cars is nothing short of sickening!

:thinking to self:
Must...Not...Mod...Car...

D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Nice choice, Brad. If you need help not modding don't let me direct you to a friend of mine who works at McDonald's...and don't let me tell you that his driveway is an audi/vw storage facility.

Derek Scion xB 5-spd Previous: 2000 Silver Frost SVT Please share the road with cyclists.
S
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
S
Thanks Derek, I'll make sure I forget that I read your post and I definately won't call you to get your friends phone number!

Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
Nice Brad, you should have contacted me I've got an 1995 Audi 90 S Quattro, I would have sold to you for cheap. Body's perfect just needs a new head gasket. Oh well good luck with the new car, yeah tell your bank account not to let you mod it!

Austin -officially a troll See it here Pro-Flow w/ optimizer STILL for sale
S
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
S
Dude! I asked you about it in the other post and you never replied!! So how cheap is cheap? $5000 cheap or what?

Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
My bad Brad, I must have missed that post, I'll have to discuss it with the pops on the price. I'll send you a PM regarding that.

Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Originally posted by SQPlus:

Must...Not...Mod...Car...

<clears throat> HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Yeah right.....

Congrats Brad. I'm sure the Quattro will be much better the FWD really soon.

Hey yeah, one other thing, have fun and go to Breck and show off to all the snow bunnies for me.

Former - 98 CSVT E0 T-Red 4/4/97 #173 of 6535 Dear Santa
S
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
S
No worries Austin, I already own this car so its not a big deal. I probably wasn't 'meant' to buy your car anyway.

Thanks Mike I'll try and head up to mountains next week...I already like this whole quattro thing. Unfortunately it doesn't really stop any better but normal driving is pretty nice. Actually, I can disable my ABS if I want to...thats pretty cool.

Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
Aight Brad no problem, the car wasn't "meant" for me either, just doesn't have the pep as the contour did. You like the quattro? I personally am not a huge fan of it, I think it sucks that if you drop the clutch it just bogs down and you can't get the tires to break lose, I wanna feel whatever power the car has, but highway speeds are insane!! Way better than what the Contour could achieve, I think the speedo goes up to 160 I heard that it can get there I don't know if I wanna find out. Oh well good luck with the Audi, if you know of anybody that want's a good 90 send them my way.

S
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
S
I have to like the quattro because it came in handy just in time last week! At one point on my way home last Saturday I was getting annoyed with the CDOT plow truck at the front of traffic because he was going so slow and no one would pass him. As for the top speed, I'll have to wait until I get some wider lower profile z-rated tires to attempt that. My buddy in OK has a 'slightly' modified 01 Jetta 1.8t that he cruised beyond 150 on his last visit up here. He said he didn't realize he was going that fast because it was frighteningly stable! Now thats sweet!

This Audi is pretty cool though, it has options my tour never did that I would have liked. Like heated seats and a ski bag through the trunk. The really cool thing is the computer display between my tach and speedo. I have a toggle switch on my wiper stalk that switches through displaying miles to empty, mpg, average speed, trip time and turbo boost(in bar)and something else that I forget. There is also a car monitoring system that will indicate if my brake light(s) go out or if I'm out of wiper fluid, etc. If I have no warnings though the radio station I'm listening to will show in that display with the band and freq...which kinda sucks because I hate the radio.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Keyser Soze 

Link Copied to Clipboard