Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#67280 07/29/02 04:01 AM
T
OP Offline
T
I found the one in the back of the engine but cannot get it out. Now my hand is all scraped up. I hope the next time we all go to the polls we vote these liberal environmentalist wackos out. This computer crap has gone too far. My CEL has been on for over one year but the car functions perfectly and passed the emissions with flying colors.

P
P
That particular O2 sensor is to help your engine run efficiently (not for emissions), so don't blame the environmentalist wackos on that one. Without it, you would be unable to run fuel injection.

1998 Silver Frost SVT Contour born on...8/28/01[/i]
American Iron Shootout Radial Tire 2 Class Champion, Cecil County Dragway April 20, 2002
B
B
It is more accessable from the top. Move the coil pack out of the way and you can see where you need to go. It is still awkward.

Jim Johnson
98 SVT
M
M
Do you need special tools to get at the o2 sensor? AND, how do I move the coil pack (the distribution cap?)

Matt

M
M
You need a actual O2 sensor socket. To remove the col pack you need a 7 or 8 mil socket and a cheater for the wrench. I agree with going for the O2 sensor from the top of the engine, but I'd still put the car on ramps to do this. The number of times I "accidently" dropped sockets and other stuff was countless. Took me a good 2 hours to do this O2 sensor. It was in there pretty good.

hunter green 96 mystique mtx, sabb side markers deep tints
car bra., K & N filter, hyper white low beams, after market fogs, JVC Kameleon head unit, 600 watt amp with 2 10" kicker subs, soon to come new rims

New adition 01/11/2002 The original 95SE in Midnight Red all the toys including traction control
Fog light mod, lightmoonroof switch from a focus, power antena (still wiring it up) post 98 sail panels, new water pump , Bosch quad plaitnum plugs, and a new Cat.
R
R
i think i'm gonna get carbs on my zetec

"Wow, that sank fast." "Yeah, like a rock."
96 Contour GL ATX
9mm Ford Racing Wires; 2 Resonators down, 1 to go;"Special airbox"; many mods planned
Sony CD player: 50wattsx4;remote;
Speakers=50 watt Pioneer 6x8s
Ross Evans smile
M
M
Quote:
Originally posted by Redcon96I4:
i think i'm gonna get carbs on my zetec
LOL if only.....

hunter green 96 mystique mtx, sabb side markers deep tints
car bra., K & N filter, hyper white low beams, after market fogs, JVC Kameleon head unit, 600 watt amp with 2 10" kicker subs, soon to come new rims

New adition 01/11/2002 The original 95SE in Midnight Red all the toys including traction control
Fog light mod, lightmoonroof switch from a focus, power antena (still wiring it up) post 98 sail panels, new water pump , Bosch quad plaitnum plugs, and a new Cat.

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard