Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
#780240 10/24/03 07:00 PM
A
b0x @dm1n
b0x @dm1n
A
PC's kick the ass of all consoles and alow you to do so much more!

-Andy

Andy W. The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
#780241 10/24/03 07:28 PM
P
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
P
But controlling a game on PC is so much more aggravating unless you have the joystick/add-on controls to go with it. Find/Using keys on a keyboard sucks ass when playing games.

*Invisible Hero* 1999 SVT Contour/Amazon Green Keep It Real. Beware the fury of the silent man.
#780242 10/24/03 07:35 PM
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Originally posted by Peach:
But controlling a game on PC is so much more aggravating unless you have the joystick/add-on controls to go with it. Find/Using keys on a keyboard sucks ass when playing games.

Not when you type over 100 wpm. ;-)

1998 SVT Contour Silver Frost for sale in Classifieds.
#780243 10/24/03 07:41 PM
P
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by bishop375:

Not when you type over 100 wpm. ;-)

It's not even that. I can type fast, its just having to press a key and remember which ones do what, etc. I'd much rather just have a damn controller that has 4-6 buttons all in the reach of my thumb and a joystick.

Teh controllers are deh best. (IMO)

*Invisible Hero* 1999 SVT Contour/Amazon Green Keep It Real. Beware the fury of the silent man.
#780244 10/24/03 08:14 PM
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
I have a PC controller that is nearly identical to my son's PS2 stock controller. I personaly don't care for it, but if you like console controllers, there are PC controllers that are similar. The PC controller didn't vibrate, but there was a logitech model that did.

My name is Richard. I was a Contouraholic. NOW: '02 Mazda B3000 Dual Sport, Black BEFORE: '99 Contour SE Sport Duratec ATX Spruce Green PIAA 510's, Foglight MOD, K&N Drop-in
#780245 10/24/03 08:14 PM
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by Andy W.:
PC's kick the ass of all consoles and alow you to do so much more!

-Andy

Yeah they do. Plus all the good title for most consoles end up on computer. You get the best of all world. Also, the graphics are alot more advanced on a pc. And you can upgrade a pc.

For some games yes. However, if you use a keyboard enough you know where all the keys are by feel. Also, playing first person shooters on a console is so much harder than playing with a mouse and keyboard. Why do you think they have auto aim?

The only thing about pc gaming is that the equipment is more expensive. But its worth it.
UT2003=
show me graphics like that on a console

2000 Acura 3.2 TL
#780246 10/24/03 08:23 PM
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by ASSVT:
Originally posted by bkent:
Greatone I care immensly. You see for about 10 years I've been heavy into PC gaming. I play counterstrike, bf1942, Quake 3, etc lots. As this has been the only way I game for so long, I need to make sure I get the best graphics, sound, and games possible to keep me entertained.

Thanks for the attempted thread crapping though.

PS2. The graphics on xbox are NOT that much better. As far as sound goes with a decent reciever it will split the sound coming from the optical hook-up into virtual surround sound. Which works pretty damn good. I play SOCOM on-line and I can tell where someones coming or shooting from in any direction. Also as far as game libraries go xbox will never come close to the amount of games ps2 has.

HORSESH1T!!!!!!
Have you ever compared the two on a HD tv. I have. There is no comparison, the Xbox is far superior.ALL games are in progressive scan and many are in true 1080i! Plus the built in hardrive is great. The ONLY plus that the PS2 has over the Xbox is the library. But as stated it is gaining.

"...first he's gonna s*!t, then he's gonna kill us." 1999 Contour SVT Retrojunk.com
#780247 10/24/03 08:29 PM
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
From what I've heard the Xbox has much more capability then the PS2 for graphics, and that the game developers haven't taken advantage of it yet...any comments?

Get a PS2, so you can still play your PSOne games.
And then get a PS3 when it comes out around August of 04.
It will do everything that XBox does, except better.

Frank McCoy aka Mod-deth aka Mid Life Crisis aka SVT Doood aka mcgainer is a SCAM ARTIST Pre98 Zetec - Some Mods
#780248 10/24/03 08:45 PM
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Right, that's Sony's next gen, no doubt it'll compete with XBOX, now that Sony realized their stupid mistake of NOT going with a dedicated vid card in their console. But, just wait for whatever MS decides to stick in XBOX 2. I'd assume somewhere around the 2ghz cpu area, most likely 128, possibly 256mb of RAM, and an ATI vid card, which will again be better than any available for PC for at least a solid year, just like they did with the first XBOX.

The ONLY upside to consoles over PC's is the commonality in function. Since the console has only one form of hardware (architecture aside), each company's console is the exact same, which SHOULD mean fewer software bugs (ahem... I'm ignoring Enter the Matrix here, there's no excuse for that bug fest) and means a lot more power can be dedicated to the game itself, instead of having a larger underlying OS running behind it.

Actually... Unreal 2003 is sweet, but, EA's Return of the King, Halo 2, Prince of Persia: Sands of Time... all match what I've seen from Unreal so far.. and Rainbow Six 3 looks better on the XBOX than it does on PC... that's even at high res!!

1998 SVT Contour Silver Frost for sale in Classifieds.
#780249 10/24/03 08:52 PM
J
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
J
Greatone I care immensly. You see for about 10 years I've been heavy into PC gaming. I play counterstrike, bf1942, Quake 3, etc lots. As this has been the only way I game for so long, I need to make sure I get the best graphics, sound, and games possible to keep me entertained.

If you want the best, I can only recommend the XBOX. I have had one for a year now, and I absolutely love it. I have it connected to Xbox LIVE and its incredible. As far as quality games go, Xbox has a bunch of them. I own over 20 games to date (not to mention my wish list for Christmas).

Seeing you are a PC gamer, I believe you will like the Xbox too. My brother was strictly PC games until I bought the Xbox. He now spends equal time on each.

I have tried the other consoles, and I have to say, I wasn't impressed. I have friends with PS2 and they always give props to my system when they come over. As for Gamecube, my brother in law has one, and me no likey...

If you want to be sure though, I do recommend renting each system and trying it out first. PM me and I'll recommend some games that may suit your tastes.

(P.S. I'll probably get flamed for this, but I didn't really like Halo all that much. Probably one of the most overrated games ever.)

-Jeff -"Buck Futter!!" My Ride! http://members.sounddomain.com/sideoftheroad
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard