Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
I
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
I
great answers...unforunately none of them were answers to my question.

im done with Sylvanias after using the Cool Blues...I couldn't even get them to screw in right and now I still have the current problem. I can get my beam to aim right...

I still want those HID look alike lights though, they look nice. Unless they were really cheap projectors

IonNinja 2005 Saturn ION-2 Sedan 1996 Ford Contour GL - Collecting dust...Zetec project anyone?
W
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
W
Silvania 9006 wll fit no prob. Now if you want the highbeam lights in the low beam spot then you have to cut.

1999 Contour SE Duratec ATX My feet and the Stra�Ÿenbahn http://www.tempo-topaz-performance.com/topazsho/ the coolest Topaz ever! To bad it's not mine
H
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
H
i answered your question. i have the bulbs your looking for. if u dont want sylvania, buy the $10 kind off ebay. concensus seems to be that the ss r great. i ended up getting bulbs that had a slightly lower color to stay away from the hid type. ss=4100k mine r 3600k otherwise i'd run the ss

$70 for all 4 or 35 for a set, shipped.

Hugo AIM:omegazodiac 95 gl & 99 contour svt #1750/2760 my profile pics stuff for sale
M
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by nelgee:
best bulbs to get are the sylvania silverstars. tey last long and are heaper than piaa. while you are at it mod the bulb so you can us 9005's for low beam.

Why should he try to use 9005's

99 Zetec Atx Se 17's w/yoko H4 rubber Green and Black interior CTA + header + big pipes = very loud 89 Mustang LX (stock for now)
N
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
N
i answered your question too. you asked what bulbs to get, not our fault your lamp is broken. lots of people have used 9005 in lows so there should be no reason why they wont fit in your car. you may have to wiggle it a little but it should go on no problem. try takin your lamps completely off and then try putting in the bulbs. as far as a broken adjustment screw you are on your own with that. kinda hard to give a "fix" without seeing what is actually broken. post some pics if you can.

N
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
N

Why should he try to use 9005's

he dont have to do anything but if you dont like regular halogen bulbs and are gonna spend the $$$$ to put new bulbs in then you might as well get the higher wattage bulbs. they cost basically the same, gives you alittle more light, and are not so bright that it bothers on coming cars.

I
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
I
Originally posted by nelgee:
i answered your question too. you asked what bulbs to get, not our fault your lamp is broken. lots of people have used 9005 in lows so there should be no reason why they wont fit in your car. you may have to wiggle it a little but it should go on no problem. try takin your lamps completely off and then try putting in the bulbs. as far as a broken adjustment screw you are on your own with that. kinda hard to give a "fix" without seeing what is actually broken. post some pics if you can.

no u didnt...i already know about the high beam/low beam mod

nothing is broken the f*cker just wont screw in right

i might give those ss's a try though, thanx.

IonNinja 2005 Saturn ION-2 Sedan 1996 Ford Contour GL - Collecting dust...Zetec project anyone?
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
HIDS4LESS.COM .......nice guy BTW

H
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
H
advanced autoparts has them for 20/bulb. mine are brand new in box for 70 shipped for all four or 35 shipped for a set. i've never seen them for 20/pair. if anyone wants to try them, hit me up. you'll save a few bucks and help a fellow ceg'er to make the fit in the lows, some have forced them in. otherwise u can dremel or exacto knife two plastic tabs/ridges to clear the low socket.

zetec, where r your stock bulbs, if u put them in does your problem go away meaning you got a bad set of blues and its not the headlight opening. why not return the bulbs if they r defective. how long has it been since u bought them

Hugo AIM:omegazodiac 95 gl & 99 contour svt #1750/2760 my profile pics stuff for sale
B
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
B
I found those Cuzos 9005's if you still want them. Send me a PM with your info and I'll let you know where to send the moolah.

www.ChicagoCEG.com 2006 White Grand Prix
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard