Next Thread
Print Thread
#695762 07/17/03 08:38 PM
R
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
R
OK, I know there was a post about a guy who had his trim come off in a car wash but I couldn't find it.
Anyways....my passenger rear trimming(where the window meets the door) can come right off. I was washing her one day and noticed the front portion wasn't attached to the body like it was supposed to be. When I tried to push it back into place, I noticed it was VERY loose!! Thought about gluing it but then I thought realistically.
Any simple rememdies? Can this be taken care of quite inexspensively at a body shop or something?
-ROCK-

99' Contour SVT Amazon Green #299 of 2,670 "Maggie" Many mods on the future "to-do" list marines puttin me on hold.....go figure
#695763 07/17/03 08:44 PM
N
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
N
Do you mean the little strip of rubber at the bottom of the windows that seal the door to the glass?

Isn't it just the shape of the rubber that holds it in? Salvage yards should have one you can swap.

"Fear is the little death." Muadib.
#695764 07/17/03 09:51 PM
D
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
D
mine was loose on the rear pass. door.. i seems to just slide onto the door and then the back part goes into the triagular plastic piece on the door glass are.. i took off the rubber and the tri. plastic piece via the screws inside the car and cleaned it up pretty good(the body part)..then put the rubber back on and then applied a drop of vinyl glue i got a auto zone for about $3.00 a tube and its been on for a year now and no problem... just one drop on the front and that is all it took... the back is jambed in place so it is not going anyplace........

#695765 07/18/03 01:17 AM
R
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
R
Originally posted by NateCox:
Do you mean the little strip of rubber at the bottom of the windows that seal the door to the glass?

yep

dbird,
thanks man, I'll have to try that out. I was pretty leary of using glue, just thought it was too close in contact with the glass.

99' Contour SVT Amazon Green #299 of 2,670 "Maggie" Many mods on the future "to-do" list marines puttin me on hold.....go figure

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard