Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
R
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
R
aight i'm new to the whole "audio" thing so I figured you guys could help!

I recently put a JVC kameleon face in the tour and no matter what I set the bass and treble(except 0) it seems the speakers are pushing too much and it's just sounds distorted and not clear. When I had the ford stock face it seemed like any kind of music sounded like it "hit" good.
and that was pretty much all the way up volume wise. yet with the JVC the volume goes up to 35, but i don't ever go past 24-26. Is there a way to set things straight w/o getting new speakers?

any ideas?

99' Contour SVT Amazon Green #299 of 2,670 "Maggie" Many mods on the future "to-do" list marines puttin me on hold.....go figure
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Sounds to me like the factory amp wasn't bypassed. Did you do the install yourself or did you have it done?

Vinny 2000 T-RED CSVT MODS: 18" REV model 2 ST200 struts/Roush springs CTA intake Pipe/K&N Filter Dtec Heatshield Optimized TB True Duals w/ magnaflow mufflers/resonators
R
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
R
I did the install myself, and the first time i got the harness i got the wrong one that wasn't equipped with premium sound, but after realizing that the wires didn't match up i went back and got the right harness and everything fit fine but then it seemed as if the setting would change by themselves!

99' Contour SVT Amazon Green #299 of 2,670 "Maggie" Many mods on the future "to-do" list marines puttin me on hold.....go figure
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Yup, the culprit is the factory amp as it wasn't bypassed. Use the search function and type in "amp bypass" for a multitude of information.

It's a weekly topic.

1999 Ford Contour SVT #900/2760 (SOLD) 2005 Mazda 6s 2003.5 Mazdaspeed Protege 1998 Ford Ranger 4x4
W
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
W
Why do you have to bypass the factory amp? I installed a Kenwood HU through the factory amp and speakers and it sounds fine.
The unit is 45x4 and sounds much better than when it was in my previous car with an aftermarket amp. It was a cheap amp and I don't even remember the name.

96 Teal Contour Zetec ATX 96K's
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by wallee:
Why do you have to bypass the factory amp? I installed a Kenwood HU through the factory amp and speakers and it sounds fine.
The unit is 45x4 and sounds much better than when it was in my previous car with an aftermarket amp. It was a cheap amp and I don't even remember the name.

Bypass for better sound. The factory deck sucks in output and clarity when compared to the internal amp of a decent aftermarket head unit.

Search under "amp bypass" for more info.

1999 Ford Contour SVT #900/2760 (SOLD) 2005 Mazda 6s 2003.5 Mazdaspeed Protege 1998 Ford Ranger 4x4
X
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
X
There are harnesses made for bypassing the factory amp. Most local car audio shops carry them. Go pick on up and then find the amp behind your glove box, unplug the harnesses from the amp and plug in the bypass kit. It's fairly simple and only takes about 3 minutes.

Matt 2000 SVT Toreador #1210 of 2150

Moderated by  dnewma04_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard