Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
probally.

98 contour s.e. sport mtx http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/503352 all mods shown on page
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
any way i can just make it myself in stead of paying $100

Russell Oval Port 3L Nearly Done MTX75 w/ Homebrew Zetec FD and Torsen Complete
A
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
A
Yeah, I like Joe and SP motorsports, but that kit is ludicris! Buy 0 guage wire and you've done the same thing. I did this in my old corolla when I was forced to buy a H/O alternator due to current draw from my stereo. I had to upgrade the wire guage from Alt to Bat, upgrade the bat, then the ground wire accordingly. A bigger ground or more ground points isn't going to improve anything over stock. Unless you have an abnormal amount of current draw due to aftermarket components. You my friend just gave in to marketing.

C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
well said atl-svt!

98 contour s.e. sport mtx http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/503352 all mods shown on page
2112 Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
OK, there seems to be a lot of debate about this kit...that is good. It's not rocket science, true, but if it is common sense, everyone would be doing it. There is a lot of discussion about running low gage monster cable. The reason that wont work is insulation and radio interference. These wires are 5 layer protected wires. Monster cable is not designed this way. The kit is only $99 bucks or so. It is a suggestion and info I am sharing with the group. One of the reasons the import crowd has soo many cool products is they work together and try new stuff. Some sucks and some is really, really good. By the time you buy and build your own kits, you will have spent about $50 or so and your home made kit won't work that well. Again, I am just sharing a good product with everyone. It seems the group is really bent on shooting everything down these days. Not everyone has the money for forced induction or 3.0 litre projects. If I could get a product that does actually produce 5hp, rev higher, be easier on the ignition system(allowing for more high end hp) and get better gas mileage for about $100, I would jump all over it

98 EO #587 Currently Dirt Jumping
E
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
E
Are these plug wires, or just replacements for other wires? Are these similiar to the Nology spark plug wires with sperate grounds per plug or am i way off??? Can't find information on SPMotorsports site either.

** Mike ** "You might beat me in a straight line, but I'll embarass you in the turns"
F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
Originally posted by SVTMike99:
Are these plug wires, or just replacements for other wires? Are these similiar to the Nology spark plug wires with sperate grounds per plug or am i way off??? Can't find information on SPMotorsports site either.

read the original postn one more time

A
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
A
Originally posted by 2112:
OK, there seems to be a lot of debate about this kit...that is good. It's not rocket science, true, but if it is common sense, everyone would be doing it. There is a lot of discussion about running low gage monster cable. The reason that wont work is insulation and radio interference. These wires are 5 layer protected wires. Monster cable is not designed this way. The kit is only $99 bucks or so. It is a suggestion and info I am sharing with the group. One of the reasons the import crowd has soo many cool products is they work together and try new stuff. Some sucks and some is really, really good. By the time you buy and build your own kits, you will have spent about $50 or so and your home made kit won't work that well. Again, I am just sharing a good product with everyone. It seems the group is really bent on shooting everything down these days. Not everyone has the money for forced induction or 3.0 litre projects. If I could get a product that does actually produce 5hp, rev higher, be easier on the ignition system(allowing for more high end hp) and get better gas mileage for about $100, I would jump all over it

Wait a minute man, you just said 5 to 8 hp over on fordcontour.org. Make up your fake marketing statistics and stick to em at least. For all the people who don't understand exactly what sort of bowl [censored] this guy is trying to pass, look here and see how the ignition works...

ignitions

See those little tiny black lines coming off the spark plug? This is where this mystery kit works its magic gaining 5 whole hp. If you believe that, I've got some ocean front property in arizona baby!

As far as trying to disprove everything new??? NO, but this garbage?? Yes!! This is utter crap, I've spent a lot of time building car stereos and with the help of grandfather who is an electrical engineer I've learned a thing or two about how in car electronics work. The most important thing to know when dealing with electronics is that it's 90% marketing. Take the capacitor for car audio...... well that's a whole other can of worms. I did send an email to Joe at SP as a concerned customer. I did not see this 'kit' posted on his site, THANK GOD. But I did direct him to this post and explain how I thought it would negatively effect his business to sell this crap. You sir have nothing that can't be had for half or less than half what you want for it. And forget whether or not you need it, you don't even want it. There is no 'miracle ground' that you've been hiding away only now to bestowe upon us weary car people who are longing for 5-8 more.... er... I'm mean 5 more hp and we just can't afford those darn superchargers and 3 liters.

2112 Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
OK, there seems to be some confusion on the original post. I never made any fake claims about this kit. Never said anything about the plug wires or false claims about HP figures. Joe at SP was nice enough to take a chance on a product and order it for me. Thank you Joe. Let's just lock this thread and end the debate.

98 EO #587 Currently Dirt Jumping
C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C
i was jsut curious as to what it did. i would love to find a way to smooth out my car at every chance i get. this sounds like one of those things too. thanks for the info.

"What did you think about that Dorothy girl?" "The whole Judy Garland thing kinda turned me on. That doesn't make me some sort of fag does it? "Nah baby, your money." 98 Black SVT #3560 of 6535
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard