Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
2112 Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
Hyperground Negative Groundwire Kit- Inital Impressions

In conjungtion with Joe @ SP Motorsports, I just installed the Hyperground kit on my 98 Contour SVT. So we will call this Project SP Hyperground.

Initial impression of the product is very good. The kit is very easy to install and Quality of the wires is second to none.

Removal of the battery is necessary and the instructions are fairly straightforward. There are many differrent ways to link the wires so you can be creative on your mounting points. My system runs 2 wires off the battery: one to the ground point under the battery and the other to the front cylinder head off the IMRC. From that point I ran 2 more wires off the same IMRC mount: one to the intake maniflod and one to the tranny. The final wire runs off the same maniflod point to the front frame mount. Most of the wires run under the front head cover so they are not too obtrusive. Installation time: 1 hour

Initial driving impressions: The wires seem to do what they claim. Lights are brighter, etc. Drivability seems to be better. The powerband is actually smoother and the car does pull better. The most noticeable gains ( for my car) are the upper revs. My car feels much better above 6k rpm. I know most of us don't usually pull all the way up to 6k, but I didn't really realize it was going that high until I checked the revs. The kit seems to have made the car happier in the higher rev range. I account this to the fact the ignition system does not need to work as hard at the higher rpm range because there is less resistance. I would compare it to putting a K&N filter on your electrical system.

This is not a big HP gainer, but does live up to it's claims. I would recommend the kit for any car out there.

Final Thoughts: The kit is clean and easy to install. Quality is very good. The kit is only about $100 to $120 depending on the color you choose. The kit comes in 3 sizes: small, medium and large. Small for your 4 cylinder applications, Medium for sixes and Large for rear Battery mount cars. It is wouth the cost. The kit has only been installed for a day. I will follow up with long term tests later.

I would like to thank Joe@SPMotorsports for taking the risk and carrying these wires untested. He will be happy to talk to you about getting a set for your car.

98 EO #587 Currently Dirt Jumping
C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C
that's sounds cool, where in springfield are you at?

"What did you think about that Dorothy girl?" "The whole Judy Garland thing kinda turned me on. That doesn't make me some sort of fag does it? "Nah baby, your money." 98 Black SVT #3560 of 6535
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
i think just grounding the cylinder head real good would get good results since having a good ground to the head would have less resistance for the spark plug current to ground out. i ran a 4 gauge wire from my negative battery terminla to the head on my mr2 when i had it and i think it made a slight differance. arent those hyper ground systems expensive. i would rather just buy my own wire and do my own thing using good quality 4 gauge wire. it would probally have the same results. the club 4ag forum had a post on the same subject and some one had made there own for way less $. i could see how it would improve top end power since the spark duration gets lower at higher rpm and a good ground would reduce missing and the current would be stronger with a better ground.

98 contour s.e. sport mtx http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/503352 all mods shown on page
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
i was interested in this (as well as showtime) a while back, but it didn't get many replies, and those that did, saw it as bs. it sounds like it might be really looking into.

http://www.contour.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=genmods&Number=79031&Forum=genmods&Words=ground%20wires&Match=Entire%20Phrase&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Old=6months&Main=78769&Search=true#Post79031

2112 Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
It's not a BS kit at all. Please understand the concept of the kit. It is not a huge HP kit. It is designed to decrease the amount of resistance in the negative ground path. As stated above, you could probably make something on your own, which won't work. It's good for what it is intended to do. If you have questions about the kit, read up on it in some of the mags and visit the website. It's a good kit and it is only about $100. There are several $200 and up mods being offered on the market with worse results... and people keep buying them.

2112 Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
Yes, you are right. Grounding the head would be better. The concept of this kit does just that and, ties together the head, intake manifold, block chassis, etc. after you spend the money and time building your own kit, the cost is about the same. If you have access to your own stuff at a great price, go for it. I'll even give you the wiring diagram... but it still will not work as well as this kit.

C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C
let's see if i am understanding this correctly:

basically you have just run more than one ground wire from different locations in the engine bay to the chasis and block right? so if i have lots of the thick ground wire laying around i could do this? or is there some kind of transfer box or adapter that is also nessecary? not trying to start a fight or anything, just a little hazy as to why someone couldn't do this on their own and have the same results.

your description of the effects sound good though, might have to check it out if it's only $100.

"What did you think about that Dorothy girl?" "The whole Judy Garland thing kinda turned me on. That doesn't make me some sort of fag does it? "Nah baby, your money." 98 Black SVT #3560 of 6535
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
I COULD PROBALLY GET WIRES AND GOOD GROUNDING LOOPS TO DO THE HEADS MANIFOLD AND CHASSIS FOR WAY KLESS THAN $50. THEY SELL 4 GAUGE WIRE REAL CHEAP AT RADIO SHACK AND THE GROUNDIGN LOSP IF I REMEBR RIGTH WAS LIKE $1 EACH AND A BATTERY TERMINAL POST IS PRETTY LIKE $5. IM SURE IT WOULD WORK THE SAME. YOU JST PAY ALL THAT MONEY CAUSE IT LOOKS FANCY AND ITS ALREADY MADE AND THEY MAKE A GOOD PROFIT FROM IT. SIMPLY PUT ITS JUST CORRECTLY PLACED WIRES. ITS NOT SOME SUPER NEW TECHNOLOGY THAT TOOK A DECADE OF RESEARCH IN A SECRET LAB. ITS JUST COMMON SENSE IF YOU UNDERSTAND HOW RESISTANCE AFFECT CURRENT IN A ELECTRICAL CIRCUIT.

98 contour s.e. sport mtx http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/503352 all mods shown on page
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
OH YEAH BY THE WAY I WOULD EB INTERESTED IN SEEING THAT WIRING DIAGRAM TO SEE WHATS INVOLVED IN INSTALLING THE KIT. MOST PEOEPL WOULD PROBALLY BE INTERESTED ON HOW IT AFFECTS THE ENGINE PERFORMANCE. i think just the fact that using bigger wire and more of it compared to the cheap thin factory stuff is what makes the differance. im just gonna try it on the engine block, head, intake manifold, chassis and mayeb even the afm.

R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
would this help my amp at all?

Russell Oval Port 3L Nearly Done MTX75 w/ Homebrew Zetec FD and Torsen Complete
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard