Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
P
P
I posted a while ago about replacement bearings from McMaster-Carr. The bearings are the same size, shape and type as the GC bearings, BUT they are rated for much higher loads. Now I have had theses bearings on my car since X-Mas time, and have driven around about 40% of the time SLAMMED... on Michigan roads. I checked the bearings last weekend, NO PROBLEMS.

Of course though when I told everyone about these bearings, I was given the usual CEG slam, because they weren't over-engineered. Well maybe theses same members who slammed me are now questioning themselves.

In any case, the bearings i found will cost you about 10$ including shipping for both fronts, and this includes everything you need.

If you want more info, email me at emailpierre@email.com

2000 Cougar V6 MTX
Black
Visteon GFX Kit with Razzi rear skirts, Ground Controls, YoDude Exhaust, Ractive Filter, Custom Interior, Custom Loud Stereo, and more...
See Her Here
Quote:
Originally posted by PuckPuck:
I posted a while ago about replacement bearings from McMaster-Carr. The bearings are the same size, shape and type as the GC bearings, BUT they are rated for much higher loads. Now I have had theses bearings on my car since X-Mas time, and have driven around about 40% of the time SLAMMED... on Michigan roads. I checked the bearings last weekend, NO PROBLEMS.

Of course though when I told everyone about these bearings, I was given the usual CEG slam, because they weren't over-engineered. Well maybe theses same members who slammed me are now questioning themselves.

In any case, the bearings i found will cost you about 10$ including shipping for both fronts, and this includes everything you need.

If you want more info, email me at emailpierre@email.com
I'm interested...waiting for the other one's seems to be a big waste of time. mad

Silver Frost 2000 SVT #1443 of 2150
Mirror Tint/ Momo shift knob/ Kurtz Kustom pedals
Ventshield raingaurds, moonroof and hood bug deflectors
True Rev Induction Kit/ BAT Air Inlet Pipe
Philips HID kit/ PIAA superwhite fogs/ Chrome Gas Bonnet Lifters
Top of line Alpine system( NVE-N851A, DVA-5205, IVA-C800, TUE-T011A, KCE-150V, CHA-S624, PRA-H400), PPI (PC 4100, PC 2150,PRO 10's), Image Dynamics CD2 Comp MH and IDQ-62.
Motorola Timeport HF car kit
Looking to increase performance!
http://photos.yahoo.com/hpick1

Future Mods waiting to be put on:
Lotek Guage Pod w/ volt, a/f ratio, and oil pressue.
Blue neon undercar kit
Aussie Bar w/ upgraded backing plate
Bullitt Fuel Door
Magnacore Wires
Ground Control Kit w/ Koni Struts
P
P
http://www.mcmaster-carr.com

Part #s

5909K35 - (you need 2) theses are the bearings
5909K48 - (you need 4) theses are the washers

they install the same way the ground control bearings do

SIDE NOTE: I told someone else via email a bad part number - i told you one size lower by accident (long story on why)... anyhow get theses ones, they are only about 7$ shipped to your door

2000 Cougar V6 MTX
Black
Visteon GFX Kit with Razzi rear skirts, Ground Controls, YoDude Exhaust, Ractive Filter, Custom Interior, Custom Loud Stereo, and more...
See Her Here
M
M
Order the Mcmaster-Carr bearings, they work excellent.

00 Black SVT #1545
Ground Control. Koni. 18" Konig Tantrum. More.
T
T
This may help...apart from the uprated bearings you may also want to add bearings under the top spring set to aid turning effort and increase the bearing contact area."Strange Engineering' have bearings with a 2.5" ID that can be used,not a sealed bearing but bigger than the GC bearing.Strange Engineering bearings can be found on the chassisengineering.com site, the part # for a pair is #1001...it may help.. wink

V6 MTX
'Don't p**s up my back then tell me it's raining!!!"
'Its only nuts & bolts!'
'If I build it,fix it,upgrade it or modify it...MAYBE they will come....!
Haines Motor Sports Inc,
Dealer for 'Quaife America' & 'Autotech Sport Tuning'
SOLE USA Dealer for the American Axle 'AUSSIE BAR'...
Get a Turbo for you Zetec from HMS Inc...by 'The Demon' ...www.DemonDynamics.co.uk
..don't talk about it DO IT !!!
I
I
Quote:
Jack up the car, grease the bearings every couple months. Should be fine.
I use to do this to my car, but after awhile of driving around on Michigan streets, they will need to be replaced.

Quote:

I also posted the same info about a year ago. I think this is where some of the Canadian guys made their money. :rolleyes:

99 Range Rover 4.6 HSE
Mystery Car??????
A
A
Quote:
Originally posted by Terry Haines:
This may help...apart from the uprated bearings you may also want to add bearings under the top spring set to aid turning effort and increase the bearing contact area."Strange Engineering' have bearings with a 2.5" ID that can be used,not a sealed bearing but bigger than the GC bearing.Strange Engineering bearings can be found on the chassisengineering.com site, the part # for a pair is #1001...it may help.. wink
Terry,
I couldn't find them on the site, I'll keep looking, could you explain what you mean by putting one "under the top springset"!
Thanks,
-Andy

Andy Watson
'99 Silver SVT #2397| DOB 07/29/99
Graci!

American Iron Shoot Out - Event Promoter!
Check it out, we need your input!
Www Dot American Iron Shoot Out Dot Com
T
T
Sorry,typo'...springSEAT....between the spring & the alloy cap/seat.....

V6 MTX
'Its only nuts & bolts!'
Haines Motor Sports Inc,
Get a Turbo for you Zetec from HMS Inc...by 'The Demon' ...www.DemonDynamics.co.uk
T
T
Any,
call them @ 561-863-2188 for tech info,the bearings are in the 2002 catalog, page 17, 'Coilovers & Shocks'... wink

V6 MTX
'Its only nuts & bolts!'
Haines Motor Sports Inc,
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Andy W._dup1, Auto-X Fil 

Link Copied to Clipboard