Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
SVTCole Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Drove back in 37.5 hours of near continuous I-40 driving...2,500 miles, no tickets, no radar detector. Several close calls. Thank goodness for 75mph limits (85 on cruise)in AZ and NM. CA drivers suck on I-5, but 240 hp and a short openings in the right lane made easy work of it.

As usual I am always impressed by how many exotic cars I see in CA. Got smoked by a new M3 at stoplight but at least I led a few seconds. Saw car lots full of used Ferraris, Porsches and Mercedes in Los Gatos...victims of dotbomb. Truck and car traffic was way down on interstates for the whole trip from same timeframe in 98.

Mom had quintuple bypass AFTER attending annual family vacation at Tahoe. Doing well.

Loved driving over Hwy 207 repeatedly to our rented house at South Lake Tahoe. Drove Hwy 9 in bay area several times as well. ALERT, if you live in CA beware of all white Camaros with what appears to be a roof rack. It's a strobe light, and it has radar pointing front and rear and only markings are on doors, CHP. Luckily, I was behind it and slower traffic going over a curvy hill.

I only checked in once the past 18 days and noticed the site might be dying? Will need to send money....and to java as well, Sorry Tony.
Off to work.

Fastest Contour at SZ 2002 Auto-X. 10th in PAX out of 125. CEO of FOGEY(Fast Old Guys Emasculating Young-uns), Inc. Terry Haines, Chairman, Senior V.P.s: (alphabetical)JavaContour, Jet Mech, MFE, SeicoRacing, SVTSTS, Vern Kilburn. If your not a member, yet, wait a few years. I'm not just the CEO, but I'm a member, too. Working with the rank and file to get the job done right!

Historical:
63 TVR (1K in 74), 75 TR-7 (paid cash new), 79 RX-7 (zoom,zoom), 81 RX-7GSL (autobahn-driven),82 Mustang GT (autobahn-driven), 85 Mustang GT (SE Division F Stock Solo II Champ), 86 MR-2 (3rd SE Division D Stock), 88 Civic DX (had 1st born and still owned MR2) 92 Sentra SE-R (all go and no show), 98 EO SVT Contour (FTD SZ 2002). 02 Altima 3.5SE 5 spd!!!
J
J
Quote:
Originally posted by SVTCole:
Drove back in 37.5 hours of near continuous I-40 driving...2,500 miles, no tickets, no radar detector. Several close calls. Thank goodness for 75mph limits (85 on cruise)in AZ and NM. CA drivers suck on I-5, but 240 hp and a short openings in the right lane made easy work of it.

As usual I am always impressed by how many exotic cars I see in CA. Got smoked by a new M3 at stoplight but at least I led a few seconds. Saw car lots full of used Ferraris, Porsches and Mercedes in Los Gatos...victims of dotbomb. Truck and car traffic was way down on interstates for the whole trip from same timeframe in 98.

Mom had quintuple bypass AFTER attending annual family vacation at Tahoe. Doing well.

Loved driving over Hwy 207 repeatedly to our rented house at South Lake Tahoe. Drove Hwy 9 in bay area several times as well. ALERT, if you live in CA beware of all white Camaros with what appears to be a roof rack. It's a strobe light, and it has radar pointing front and rear and only markings are on doors, CHP. Luckily, I was behind it and slower traffic going over a curvy hill.

I only checked in once the past 18 days and noticed the site might be dying? Will need to send money....and to java as well, Sorry Tony.
Off to work.
Glad you had a good trip, and you paid attention to the signs that say, "Don't feed the bears."

I'm glad Mom is doing well.

Check out the forums at http://www.solo2.org/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi

For your AutoX forums and a look into what's up in St. Louis.

TB

Tony Boner
Personal: 98cdw27@charter.net Work: tony.boner@sun.com
Saving the computer world from WinBloze as Unix/Solaris/Java Guru http://www.sun.com
1998 Contour SVT Pre-E1 618/6535 Born On Date: 4/30/1997
Now with Aussie Bar induced mild oversteer.
J
J
Oh,

And I guess you "Know the way to San Jose..."

TB

Tony Boner
Personal: 98cdw27@charter.net Work: tony.boner@sun.com
Saving the computer world from WinBloze as Unix/Solaris/Java Guru http://www.sun.com
1998 Contour SVT Pre-E1 618/6535 Born On Date: 4/30/1997
Now with Aussie Bar induced mild oversteer.

Link Copied to Clipboard