Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
L
L
how can someone NOT watch TLC, HIST, DISC Health, Disc... etc... ( oh and animal planet) I LOVE all the useless knowledge I gain from those shows. Those are my favorite channels laugh ..

Kristen
1996 Accord EX

"the time comes when you just shouldn't give a rats a$$ anymore.... that time is now"
J
J
Well,

I watch Spongebob Squarepants with my girl.

But then she's my 3year old daughter.

TB

Tony Boner
Personal: 98cdw27@charter.net Work: tony.boner@sun.com
Saving the computer world from WinBloze as Unix/Solaris/Java Guru http://www.sun.com
1998 Contour SVT Pre-E1 618/6535 Born On Date: 4/30/1997
Now with Aussie Bar induced mild oversteer.
R
Rynn Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Quote:
Originally posted by javaContour:
Well,

TB
You're the kind of daddy I hope to be one day smile

P
P
Quote:
Well,

TB
Spongebob Squarepants ROOLZ! Actually even at 21 I find the show humerous, hard to say about most crappy cartoons nowadays.

Kim, I meant to say "A Man in a woman's body" I guess that whole not sleeping for 36 hrs thing effected me.

Glad to hear it worked out Rynn smile

Every time I come online I wonder if the forums will be up
J
J
Since I've hijacked this thread too, I think Spongebob is a sitcom for kids.

Significant social commentary and of course, there is usually a moral in every story as well.

Almost as good as Bugs Bunny was when I was a kid.

TB
37 years of watching cartoons.

Tony Boner
Personal: 98cdw27@charter.net Work: tony.boner@sun.com
Saving the computer world from WinBloze as Unix/Solaris/Java Guru http://www.sun.com
1998 Contour SVT Pre-E1 618/6535 Born On Date: 4/30/1997
Now with Aussie Bar induced mild oversteer.
D
D
Quote:
Well,

TB
LOL - sounds like my daughter and I.

125.2 FWHP - 126.5 FWTQ
SVT exhaust (#4 of 9) - B&M FPR - Custom CAI - bnoon optimized TB #1 & 2 (beat that!!)
Black '98.5 SE Zetec MTX
Best quote seen in a chat - "Jinx 12345678910 you owe me a naked picture of yourself!"
G
G
Have her buy it, and put it the garage, guest room or storage. smile

98.5 Contour SVT totally stock...for now.

-Talk about high performance...I have a K&N Oil Filter....AND a K&N Air Filter!
S
S
Are ya ready, kids?

I put on Pirate Pete's voice and my kids and I drive along singing the Spongebob theme song!

"I'm here for a good time, not a long time."

'96 GL Zetec ATX
Bucketloads of miles
A
A
Quote:
Originally posted by PackRat:
No [blank] is THAT good!
How would you Know!

LOL!

Good Luck Rynn! She won't change so if it bothers you that much you really should move on. better no than later.

Sponge Bob Square pants RULZ JUO!

-Andy

Andy Watson
'99 Silver SVT #2397| DOB 07/29/99
Graci!

American Iron Shoot Out - Event Promoter!
Check it out, we need your input!
Www Dot American Iron Shoot Out Dot Com
C
C
Quote:
Originally posted by Rynn:
Ok, update! smile

I sat her down and told her calmy and firmly that if there was a good reason for us to throw away a perfectly good bedroom set and/or sell it to buy a used, but bigger and more "fancy" one, with money we don't have, to tell me right there. (Insert 1 minute silence). That pretty much ended that discussion right there, as she couldn't really give a good reason.

Of course, the "not wanting to learn anything" problem will always be there. :rolleyes:
Rynn, good way to handle it, let's hope it sticks. Anyone here ever take the Meyers-Briggs personality test or something similar? Tests like this help us to understand how we make decisions. In your GF's case, sounds like she's more of an emotional decision maker than a logical decision maker. I learned this during my pre-marital counselling, that when it comes to decisions, my wife ultimately relies more on how she feels than any logical sequence of rules and regulations, whereas I am more logic oriented in my decisions. This doesn't mean my wife doesn't understand the logic and my reasoning, but in the end she still feels the way she does about it and that's her primary decision method, whereras no matter how I may feel about it, my logic sequences will ultimately overrule how I feel about something. This isn't a 100% thing all of the time, sometimes I can impulse buy just like anyone else, but overall, this is part of our personality make ups and it helps to understand all this when you get into a marriage. It's good to see that you guys could sit down and deal with it calmly (took me about 4 years to learn how to do this and we still get in arguments over her emotional spending). In the end I learned that, since I'm a peacemaker by default, I'd bail her out almost every time, which prevented her from ever having to bear consequences of bad decisions. Now, when she overspends and runs out of money, she has to solve the problem herself (I should mention here that we no longer use credit cards), i.e. take things back, appeal to the higher court for additional funds (I'm the judge here), generate additional monies somehow, etc. I know it probably sounds bad, but the basic idea is entirely sound, that if we don't bear consequences for our actions, we have no motivation to change. Since you seem to be a peacemaker and give in from time to time, I figured I'd relay my bad experience with peacemaking and the faulty logic that it utilizes. All that said, best of luck in your relationship, none are perfect, and opposites often attract, which makes for difficult areas of conflict, but great makeup times! wink

Regards,

Craig J. Baldwin

99 SVT Contour - Silver - #49/2760

"To make a living is to get, to make a life is to give." - Winston Churchill
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard