Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
T
OP Offline
T
Quote:
Originally posted by Officer Cartman:
If you're not making money in this market, you're playing it the wrong way.. Go short. I predicted Friday's fiasco, and I called Monday's fall (while all the so-called experts expected a rally). We're not done yet, we'll see the Dow flirt with 6000 before the year's out.

However, August 14th may turn things around.. If you don't know, you soon will.. smile
you're one of those inside boys aren't you?!! hehe laugh

Todd Christ SVT Contour Registry
MODS: KKM Intake, SHO Shop Y-Pipe, Bullit Fuel Door, Edelbrock RPM Resonator
'98 E0 SVT Contour #1037 of 6535
T
OP Offline
T
from http://www.drudgereport.com

Quote:
Intentionally manipulated written record of dealings with Enron: Senior Citigroup credit officers misrepresented '99 transaction in records of deal; Enron could ignore accounting requirements and hide true financial condition, the NY TIMES is planning to report on Tuesday, say sources... MORE... 'The paperwork cannot reflect their agreement,' according to one e-mail message written by James F. Reilly, a senior Citigroup loan executive in Houston, 'as it would unfavorably alter the accounting'... MORE...
ok - so CitiGroup is one of the world's largest lenders, what happens next?!?! doh!

so - look at Carman's idea... SHORT the market, i wonder if the people SHORTING the market work for OBL?

O
O
Quote:
Originally posted by Toadster:
from http://www.drudgereport.com

so - look at Carman's idea... SHORT the market, i wonder if the people SHORTING the market work for OBL?
I know someone that made $78,000 shorting stocks for 3 hours on Friday. There's risk involved there as well (since you're trading on margin, and a big rally could screw you hard), but I only wish I started shorting the market last year.

And if anyone wants to dig up my post from 3-4 weeks past, when someone wanted to start buying WCOM when it was at .16 or something, I told him to wait, because we weren't done yet.. And I was right, it went down to single digits before today's pop. And it'll go down again tomorrow, as those who rode the pop already got out after hours.

The August 14th development will REALLY shake up the market though, so if you know of a few solid companies that are undervalued, you might want to pick them up a few days before the announcement.. And sell into the rally. If you make lots of money thanks to me, I expect gifts.

P
P
The stock market didn't come with a guarantee folks....

Every time I come online I wonder if the forums will be up
T
OP Offline
T
Quote:
Originally posted by Pete D:
The stock market didn't come with a guarantee folks....
definitely not guaranteed - it's legalized gambling - right? smile

S
S
I'm pretty clueless when it comes to the market. The only thing I pay attention to is my Section 457 plan. I understand how that works, though we are limited in our choice of funds. Anyone care to explain what is meant by "shorting the market", and how it can make money?

"When I take action, I'm not going to fire a $2 million missile at a $10 empty tent and hit a camel in the butt. It's going to be decisive." - President George W. Bush

95 Contour SE ATX V6
"Cracked" Secondaries
DMD Installed
SVT Brakes
A
A
borrow a stock sell it high, buy it low after a little while. return the stock to your broker.

I'm kinda surpised Sujeet can do that because you have to have $300K annual income or have to be a professional in the area (e.g. trader, analyst, adviser, etc...) to establish a short account.

--alex | 96 GL(sort of) V6 ATX | 98 SE V6 MTX Sport
R
R
Blame it on the deregulation of big buisness by the government. Big companies have such a big influence on our congressmen, that they can pretty much do whatever they want. This will never stop until lobbyists, or "legal bribery" is gone. Just one mans opinion.

1998 Silver Frost SVT
Purchased 01/10/02
Mods so far:
-Fidanza aluminum flywheel
-Clutch upgrade
-Clarion ProAudio system, DSP, 13 Band EQ

Future mods:
-Intake upgrade
-Performance plug wires
-Autolite double platinums
-Konig 18 X 7.5 Toxxin's
-Koni's and Eibach coil overs
-Rockford amps, 3 12" Rockford subs, etc..
(Just needs to be installed)
S
S
Quote:
Originally posted by alex_96GL:
borrow a stock sell it high, buy it low after a little while. return the stock to your broker.

I'm kinda surpised Sujeet can do that because you have to have $300K annual income or have to be a professional in the area (e.g. trader, analyst, adviser, etc...) to establish a short account.
I'm still not following here. What is meant by "borrowing" a stock? I understand selling high and returning later to buy low, as you end up with more stock for the same money. However, isn't this what everyone is already trying to do? What is the difference?

"When I take action, I'm not going to fire a $2 million missile at a $10 empty tent and hit a camel in the butt. It's going to be decisive." - President George W. Bush

95 Contour SE ATX V6
"Cracked" Secondaries
DMD Installed
SVT Brakes
O
O
Quote:
Originally posted by alex_96GL:
No you don't. You can setup a margin account on E*Trade and short stocks.. confused

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard