Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
T
OP Offline
T
I figured you guys might know more than the average bear about my problem.
Help me! (Sorry for the cross-post)

Ride: 2000 T-red SE
Beats: Kenwood 316S, Alpine MRF200, Orion XTR 6.2, Coustic 400SE
Mods: CTA, Magnaflow exhaust, SVT Instrument cluster, Knuaberized doors, side markers, F***ed up painted headlights.
Z
Z
POST WHORE :p
well anyways I would check your battery connection like PA said....
can't think of anything else right now...
wait I can must get another beer laugh

Joe Hartley
"yes I know it's a MTX Zetec but it beats having a ATX Duratec"

Champagne 96 GL MTX some mods
dynoed at 114.2whp and 124.4wtq (pre CTA intake)
16.858 @ 80.76mph (yes it's slow but still faster than D Davis)
AIM: ZetecRacing
My Site My Profile
T
OP Offline
T
If post-whorin' is wrong I don't wanna be right!
I think Pollo and Hector will back me on that!

The problem is fixed. Thanks!

Mods: CTA, Magnaflow exhaust, SVT Instrument cluster, Knuaberized doors, side markers, F***ed up painted headlights.
L
L
Quote:
Originally posted by T-red2000se:
If post-whorin' is wrong I don't wanna be right!
I think Pollo and Hector will back me on that!

The problem is fixed. Thanks!
Hey I haven't been whoring that bad.....this week. wink Thanks for the info. I am doing so much to the car, and since it is easier to disconnect the battery than pull fuses my terminals should always be tight. laugh

2000 Contour Zetec ATX
Hector
Mods...I got em'
"Contour grills, Contour bills, check out the oil my Contour spills."
2.SLO = 17.6 at 80mph
My profile
T
OP Offline
T
I replaced my factory terminals with some big hunks o'gold plated brass. They have the allen head set screw terminals, and one of them came loose, hence the problem.

A
A
Having a similar problem. Just got my car back after the whole "warped dash" repair.
It took a month mad for them to get it all sorted out but I got a loaner so it was ok. When I finally got the car back from the dealer (Sat.) the dome light and the radio lights were barely visible. I turned the lights on and the dash display and the radio were blank. Yes I checked the brightness dial. This afternoon my wife loaded both kids up and the car turned over and, her words, "made a funny sound" then it died. Running lights are dim, headlights are fine. Radio volume is fine. Display is not. All wires that connect to the battery are snug and in place. The wipers come on as well when you try to crank the engine.
They did have to change out the fuse box on the replacement and now it is some kind of flip down box in the same place as the old fuse box cover, but there is no door to open so it sits behind the dash and flips down. No clue where to go now. confused

One more thing, they disconnected the speedometer and the odometer and not I can't tell how fast and far I'm going. I love Ford quality. laugh mad laugh

99 SE Zetec ATX
CTA intake
ZX2 FMS wires(that don't fit my oddball coil)
andenthal@mindspring.com
T
OP Offline
T
Call Ford. Tell them that you have no working instruments in your cluster. Just inform them that between now and the time they get your car back to proper working order, they are responsible for any speeding violations or anything caused by their blunder. You will be in very quickly.

A
A
What about the "not working" problem? I'll be getting no speeding tickets with it sitting in the garage. They are towing it back to the dealership today sometime.
All I know is that it worked when I gave it to them.

99 SE Zetec ATX
CTA intake
ZX2 FMS wires(that don't fit my oddball coil)
andenthal@mindspring.com
T
OP Offline
T
Crapity crap crap! What do ya know! I go outside today, and the car clicks and clicks (sounded like a loud relay opening repeatedly), then stops clicking and the wipers come on! (sound familiar?) The OTHER wire (I'm guessing main ignition) mysteriously came loose overnight. confused
Looks like I'm going shopping for some battery terminals. I'd like the Lightning Audio ones with the sharp teeth that just clamp onto the wire, but they're a bit pricy for batt. terminals.

We'll see what I find.

P
P
Quote:
Originally posted by T-red2000se:
Crapity crap crap! What do ya know! I go outside today, and the car clicks and clicks (sounded like a loud relay opening repeatedly), then stops clicking and the wipers come on! (sound familiar?)
ROTFLMAO laugh

1998 Silver Frost SVT Contour born on...8/28/01[/i]
American Iron Shootout Radial Tire 2 Class Champion, Cecil County Dragway April 20, 2002
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Lance Kinley_dup1, Loco4G63 

Link Copied to Clipboard