Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#285704 06/18/02 05:05 PM
S
SVT JET Offline OP
OP Offline
S
I have developed what my mechanic calls a "wobbly tire". There is nothing I can do with it short of replacing the tire. I have never heard of this. I was wondering whether anyone else has heard of this? What is it?

Symtoms: around 40 mph the car "shutters" almost like a side to side motion. It does not feel like an out of balance wheel. It is hard to describle. It may feel more like a shake. You can only feel it in this speed range. You can not feel it at highway speeds. Everything feels OK. The shake is felt though yourbum and legs moving back and forth and not through the steering wheel.

I just put on my new BAT European kit and changed over my front pads. The old suspension parts may have been masking this.

It is very frustrating.

JET
#285705 06/25/02 04:00 PM
L
L
Mine does that, It's like a woobly, drifting kind a feel. I'm convinced it's the lower ball joints even though they seem fine maybe a tie rod but.

**Spelling should not count**

2000 SE Zetec ATX
Medium Steel Blue (Now with large custom dent on the rear door)
Cool Blue Lows, Silver Star Highs (great lights)

"If what I said was wrong, it wasn't. I just forgot to add the rest of my post."
#285706 06/26/02 07:48 PM
S
SVT JET Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Luckie 13,
Does it happen at all speeds or only at specific speeds?

JET
#285707 06/27/02 05:47 PM
L
L
Quote:
Originally posted by SVT JET:
Luckie 13,
Does it happen at all speeds or only at specific speeds?
At about 40-50 and higher it used to be only at a certian speed. The crappy thing is it's not constant. It always does it but some times it's worse, like the tire just wobbles back and forth.
Oh I also noticed that when you accelerate hard it doesn't do it nearly as much, My theory is when theres stress on what ever is loose(tie rod end) it can hold itself stable.

**Spelling should not count**

2000 SE Zetec ATX
Medium Steel Blue (Now with large custom dent on the rear door)
Cool Blue Lows, Silver Star Highs (great lights)

"If what I said was wrong, it wasn't. I just forgot to add the rest of my post."

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard