Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
S
S
1. Will try to post "before" pics on my website tomorrow, to include cropped shots with a yardstick (sorry, don't have anything more accurate that I can prop against side of car :rolleyes: ) that show wheelwell gap & overall height. For reference, existing susension is stock "sport" springs w/SVT struts -- 15" alloys with Potenza Pole Position S-03 205/55 ZR 15's, 21 mm Swaybar. eek

2.Pricing: That is something that is Terry Haines' personal proprietary info -- contact Terry directly or his PR guy, Krafty, directly by email, is what I would suggest, particularly if you want to purchase individually. Trust me, Terry is simply the best! cool For example, you should have seen his repacking of this stuff to ship to me -- could have included fine crystal & would have arrived intact! Not to mention tech tips to me & everyone else, and generally being a terrific guy in addition to prob most knowledgeable person around on CDW27 platforms! Kudos, Terry!!! laugh Thanks for everything.

3. Assuming all works as I hope, should also have in-car before/after mpeg video of a downhill carousel freeway ramp on which I have lots of practice, plus G-Tech data on lateral G's as far as I want to push it. Tech data will prob post through Suspension forum.

SCCA WOR/OVR/NEOh Regions
Race Control Marshall
#53 Silver Street Touring "S" '98 Contour
GL; 2.5l-5 spd
"Koni Kit - Sport Struts w/progressive "sport" springs" from HMS!!
Custom 24-mm Rear Sway also from Terry
BAT Camber/Caster through HMS
PF Spherical Ball End Links
Bridgestone S-03's
Grizzly Clutch
lightened SVT flywheel (Thanks KnuConceptz)
DMD from incomparable Terry Haines!
K&N & Dynomax
Mintex pads
Chris Hightower Rear Strut Tower Bar
R
RMk Offline
R
Since just so much is discussed in this thread, I'm at a little bit of a loss as far as what's up for grabs here. Is this the Koni adjustable struts and lowering springs we're looking at? For $600 and possibly lower? If so... Well, WOW.

.RMk..

'99 SVT, Silver Frost
Open K&N w/ heat shield.
S
S
laugh laugh laugh laugh cool
That should give all some idea! More will be posted on Suspension Forum eventually when have more objective tech details -- but bottom line is the combination of parts has turned my GL into a sport sedam that handles like a slot car, but still not super harsh!

I had hoped to do this incrementally -- Koni Kit plus camber plates, then add the Aussie, and finally the end links over a couple weeks, but a 2-day competition coming up this weekend, plusdwindling $$ forced the time compression.

For pics: SeiCo Racing Home Click on link to "Condeo Mods - Koni Kit+" Give it until tomorrow -- uploading -- several pics, may take a long time.

SCCA WOR/OVR/NEOh Regions
Race Control Marshall
#53 Silver Street Touring "S" '98 Contour
GL; 2.5l-5 spd
"Koni Kit - Sport Struts w/progressive "sport" springs" from HMS!!
Custom 24-mm Rear Sway also from Terry
BAT Camber/Caster through HMS
PF Spherical Ball End Links
Bridgestone S-03's
Grizzly Clutch
lightened SVT flywheel (Thanks KnuConceptz)
DMD from incomparable Terry Haines!
K&N & Dynomax
Mintex pads
Chris Hightower Rear Strut Tower Bar
C
C
I definately want in on this. My car has 70 k and needs struts bad. I am ready to do this yesterday. terry, if you could PM the price to do it outside of the group buy as well as your contact info in case the buy falls through it would be appreciated.

Dave

A
A
Terry,

your box is full... probably messages from the people trying to buy this kit :p
anyway, please pm me or email me at
zkukovol at yahoo dot com

as I indicated to you earlier, I'm interested and I'm serious about doing it -- it's not regular CEG talk :p
Thanks,

--alex | 96 GL(sort of) V6 ATX | 98 SE V6 MTX Sport
C
C
I know I still want to do this. Do we have others who want to try to do a group buy on it? Lets try to get it together before the site goes down!

Dave

R
R
over the winter i plan on getting a set regardless of a GB but if one develops before then the all the better. there is another guy that lives by me that is interested also.....

A
A
I have $ in hand I need to do this GB asap. I need to know if the KONI part # for front & rear starts with 8710. I am in desperate need of struts. If I am not notified soon I will have to seek other avenues, which I do not want to do. Also the possiblities of faster shipping costs need to be considered. Whomever is running the group buy I feel for you in dealing with people. And to whomever found the kit, good job.
Thanks.
Asterion@aol.com

C
C
I have cash in hand and want to do this too? Are we waiting for anything in particular? IF the kit full price is $600 I'll pay full price.

M
M
How much will the price go down if we get 5 kits? Is this still going on? confused

Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard