On Friday when it started pouring, I decided hmm... let's drive to Astoria from my house in Elmont (15 miles). So I stop to get money, get soaking wet, stop for beer, get wetter, I don't have exact change for the beer so I have to run out to my car for some change (wetter). Finally I am ready to leave for Astoria.

Cross Island North is a parking lot because it is flooded in the left lane. Takes about 20 minutes to get to the GCP. GCP is moving at around 45 mph. Going along merrily until the area where the GCP meets the LIE. It is dark out and there are no lights under the overpass, I am now zipping along at about 65 in the left lane when wait what is that in front of me in my lane? Its two orange barrel pylons that got blown onto the roadway, OH ****, right hand swerve, dodge barrels, blood pressure rises. I see about 6 cars do that too before its out of sight.

I'm moving ahead now where the GCP splits by Shea stadium, what is that in the right lane? It looks like a Contour SVT, nahh I never see those (damn it looks pretty sweet...) Wait, that is a Contour SVT with a nice wax and some nice looking rims. I pull alongside Me: Hey what's up, you ever go to www.contour.org? Him: Yeah my name is SVT Mondeo Me: Hey cool I'm SweetVT. Him: OK seeya. I'm left with the impression that he was as surprised to see me as I was to see him. Again The Contour SVT is a damn good looking vehicle, I usually only admire it while its parked.

Finally get to Astoria, get to a stop sign, pouring rain still, I stop. I look around, no cars. I start to go, whu-bap, girl walks right into the front of my car on the right quarter panel. She: Hey what the ****, watch what you're doing. Me: oh dammit, sorry, I sware I didn't see you. Internet version= I offered her a ride home and we did the nasty at her place. Truth= I apologized and she smacked the back of my car with her umbrella as I drove away. Beeotch.

Get to my friend's house and watch the new Megadeth DVD which rocked incredibly, drank beer and other mind altering substances. Fall asleep on the couch, wake up at 2:30 and speed home in 20 minutes.

Hopefully better luck tonight driving to Manhattan, Chelsea Piers Studio, Pier 59 birthday party. If anyone wants to go, give me a ring at 917-515-0421 (Tony).
Later, drive carefully, it's a wild one out there. laugh

98.5 SVT Black/Blue
As Thomas Jefferson was fond of saying, "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."
If you're driving 60 in the left lane do us all a favor, GTFOOTW..