Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#217306 07/29/02 01:00 AM
N
OP Offline
N
I know that there has to be more than just, me roadrunner, 99blacksesport, out there that are contour owners? i calling the attention of all contours owners out here in ny, to see if they wanna meet up one night! We can determine a place, time and date that suits everyone! SO how many contours owners are interested and up to hanging out one night? :p

Lucas Alves
S
S
Well, I think I'm a bit further north than most of you, but I'd be willing to pop down 'round your way sometime this summer - make a day trip out of it or something like that.

1998 E1 SVT - Toreador Red
Production #4794 of 6535
Build date: 2/25/1998
Mods completed:
- Pre '97 sail panels
Mods planned:
- K & N Air Filter
- Side marker lights
N
OP Offline
N
How far are you away from the city? NYC Becuase were like 20-25 mins north of the city in westchester countY?

Lucas Alves
C
C
I live in Port Chester, but I have a question about nosSvtContour picking up the exhaust I had available. Why would you need it if you already have an SVT?

1st Car: '78 Buick LeSabre - Da Boat
2nd Car: '93 Jeep Cherokee Sport - Bebe aka BlackBox
Current Car: '00 SVT Contour - CJ aka Connie Jay
N
OP Offline
N
LOL i wish i had an svt don't let the screen nme fool you ! Thanks again for the exhust how many miles were on the exhasut before u took it out? and are you interested i nmeeting up one night with some fellow cegers??

Lucas Alves
P
P
I might be down depending on where/when. Right now I am working and taking 2 classes so time is very minimal for recreation. That and the fact that I have a restricted use license make traveling a bit of a challenge.

I go to skool up in Albany and will be leaving in a few weeks (like the 20th or so of august) when I get up there it's just me and SaratogaSVT that I know of, seems everyone else is NYC metro (where I am at home) or Buffalo

-Pete

Every time I come online I wonder if the forums will be up
N
OP Offline
N
WELL WE ARE MEETING UP TOMORROW NIGHT ROADRUNNER 99BLACKSE PSORT, AND I bUT I'M DOWN FOR A MEET AT THE PALIASDES OR SOMEWHERE TOO> aREN'T THERE A COUPLE OF SVT'S OUT IN QUEENS OE SOMETHING LIKE THAT

Lucas Alves
'
'
I can't make that meet tonight, my work hours are pretty atrocious, but I'd be down for a Palisades meet for sure. Weekdays are tough, that's why I haven't gotten down to Oceanside yet, so a weekender would work for me. Set it up... cool

[[Justin]]
'98 Silver Frost SVT
#2089/6535
I am made of cheese
My car is in the shop
When I drop the clutch, I get wheel hop
Do not eat me, oh please
T
T
Saratoga...wish I had remembered your name last week, I was up at lake george. Some great roads up there around the lake man!

1999 Silver Frost SVT
#609 of 2760
Born on 12/3/98

KKM Intake
Removed Resonator
35% Window Tint all around
Tinted Tail Lights
ElKy Mesh Grilles
HID

Dyno'ed at 175.3HP/155.5TQ

"How much must I live through just to get away..."
S
S
Quote:
Originally posted by TheGreatOne:
Saratoga...wish I had remembered your name last week, I was up at lake george. Some great roads up there around the lake man!
There certainly are...there are some fantastic roads in Washington County, which is on the east shore of Lake George...there is a Route 149 between Glens Falls and Granville (on the VT border) that is a great ride early on a Sunday morning when the traffic is light. Very twisty; you really have to row through the gears when you're pushing it.

Also there is a great drive from Fort Edward east on NYS Route 197 to Argyle, then south on NYS Route 40 to Greenwich (pronounced Greeeen-wich, not Gren-ich), a short distance east on NYS Route 29 through the middle of Greenwich and then east on NYS Route 372 from Greenwich to Cambridge (also on the VT border).

Another good road is south on NYS Route 9N (not to be confused with U.S. Route 9) that runs from Lake George down to Saratoga Springs. Not super twisty, but a nice drive with decent scenery.

You downstate folks have to come up sometime in the fall, especially the last week of September/first week of October when the fall colours are at their best.

I'll be down on Long Island a fair amount this fall, every other weekend from mid-September to mid-November I will be down for a 3-day weekend. Maybe I'll run into you folks down there. I'll be mostly based in the northwest part of Nassau County (Port Washington, Mineola, New Hyde Park, Westbury, Manhasset, Great Neck, etc.).

1998 E1 SVT - Toreador Red
Production #4794 of 6535
Build date: 2/25/1998
Mods completed:
- Pre '97 sail panels
Mods planned:
- K & N Air Filter
- Side marker lights
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard