Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#27078 07/27/02 03:56 PM
98SVT Offline OP
OP Offline
I was watching Fox news last night and they had a report on alternative fuel cars. One of the alternative fuels systems is the hydrogen fuel cell and one of the test mules is a Contour. I couldn't tell the year as it had a pre 97 rear and post 97 front. It must have confused the reporter as well because he called the car a Focus! :rolleyes: At any rate, these prototypes are valued at $3 million. By the way, if fuel cell drive becomes popular, it's going to be hard to keep your car's exterior nice as they drop a lot of water on the road as a byproduct of operation and you'll be using your windshield wipers alot more if you follow too closely. laugh

Karl

*** It's all about consistency! ***

98 SVT Contour
86 Ranger GT
69 Fiat 850 Sport Spider
67 Formula-S Barracuda
C
C
I saw this car or one like it at the Del Mar Fair here in San Diego. I don't remember seeing a pre-98 rear on it but it did have a full SVT body kit. It wasn't originally an SVT though because the interior was standard contour fare.

-----
CinciMatt
Y2K Focus ZX3, Autumn Orange
S
S
Ford has a focus fuel cell vehicle too. Its more for marketing than anything else right now but it is a good idea for car makers to look into alternate transportation means. Adaptability is key especially with the overcrowded roads, road rage, traffic, parking disasters and related going on these days.

98.5 SVT Black/Blue
As Thomas Jefferson was fond of saying, "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."
If you're driving 60 in the left lane do us all a favor, GTFOOTW..
N
NMC Offline
N
I saw that in the paper the other day. Almost cried. It was an SVT, bodykit, wheels, etc. It is painted white with Ballard Fuel Cells on the side of it. Engine and tranny gutted for an electric motor set up. HMMM, wonder where that engine went.

96LX/24V/ATX/Midnight Red/A4 repeaters/SVT exhaust/KKM/65mm throttlebody/SVTsprings and ST200 struts/SE rockers and BAT spoiler/BAT 19mm swaybar/urethane bushings/Kenwood 7 speaker syst./E1 SVT brakes w Powerslot rotors/9005 lowbeams/885 fogs/50% tint/Michelin XM+S 130's for winter/E1's with gForces for summer...and now "New Paint!!"
87 Renault GTA convertible/2.0l/mtx/Sony sound/otherwise stock
http://members.shaw.ca/neilmc/
98SVT Offline OP
OP Offline
Yeah I forgot to mention the body kit however I think it was an SE kit but I'm not positive. The side skirts didn't seem to be as tall and the fog lights somehow looked different, at least different than mine. The car did have the E1 wheels on it though. Still I wonder why they had the early trunk lid on it unless maybe it's lighter?

Karl

*** It's all about consistency! ***

98 SVT Contour
86 Ranger GT
69 Fiat 850 Sport Spider
67 Formula-S Barracuda
T
T
Here ya go.

Website

"If you're pushing crazy I'm all full up here."

{Black '96 Contour SE MTX w/ over 126k on the clock}
· Get the skinny here.
· Need a 96-00 Ford Service Manual on CDROM?
M
M
why doesn't that look like a contour? confused (except the bumpers and stuff)

could that be a model year that never came out?

H
H
Quote:
Originally posted by Mani:
why doesn't that look like a contour? confused (except the bumpers and stuff)

could that be a model year that never came out?
Yeah, those don't look like Contour rear doors (no sail panels... slope up in the back)... C-pillar seems different too... but that might just be because the rear doors look different.

'00 Contour SVT #123 of 2150
Built 9/29/99
Black/Tan Interior
B
B
Whatever it is, I like it. Wish my tour looked like that!

Nick Johnson
nick@nejohnson.com
97' Contour Sport-Blackie
96' Contour SE -Wife's Car
87' Thunderbird TC - Retired (for now)
T
T
If you went to the website you would learn that it is an aluminum Contour that has been stretched. Hence the rear pillar looking like that of a Catera.

"If you're pushing crazy I'm all full up here."

{Black '96 Contour SE MTX w/ over 126k on the clock}
· Get the skinny here.
· Need a 96-00 Ford Service Manual on CDROM?
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard