Next Thread
Print Thread
S
OP Offline
S
TECH SPECS:
The new Weapon*R POWER ECU is a piggyback computer which is preprogrammed by
the Weapon*R Special R&D team.

The staff of Weapon*R fine tune each application to their fullest potential.
This ECU is a Plug and play unit which controls the Air / Fuel ratio,
Ignition timing, Rev-Limits, Speed Limits and transmission shift points.
We net gains from 18-30HP and 16-35ft of Torque.

This is made for the Cougar but Im sure if some one wanted it they would get it worked out here.
Oh yeah little on the pricey side.

Silver 98 SVT Contour E0
#4124 (Currently on Life Support)
Built 11/97 Bought 1/98
Eibach Pro Kit \ Koni \ Niche Pultec 17"x7.5 \ Yokohama Parada 215/17/40 \ Shaved Wheel wells / Brembo-KVR Cross Drilled Rotors / KVR Carbon Fibre Brake Pads / Aeroquip SS Brake Lines \ 21mm Rear Progress Tech. (Powder Coated Black) \ Superchips Auto Meter Pro Shift Light \ Extrude Honed \ Stripped Resonater Street Scene Free Flow Exhaust \ Injen Technology Prototype CAI \ Weapon R filter \ Hose Techniques Red Kit \ Folia Tec Red Caliper Paint \ MOMO (shift knob, pedals, seat belt pads) \ Clarion, Sounstream, Kicker \ Optima Red Top Battery \ SVT Emblem Mods
Jet Hot Coatings (25-30% Cooler) on Upper Intake Manifold, Sho Shop Y-Pipe, Cat, and CAI
"Come Out...Come Out Where Ever You Are"
http://www.geocities.com/speeddemons19
S
S
From what I gather, it's just another very expensive "chip" that mounts a little differently.

If it captures data signals, processes them (that's the key distinction - it can't be a CPU without a processor) and sets mixture and timing independant of the PCM then I'll buy that it's a piggy back CPU. If it's just a flash ROM with some code on it, I'll stick with my first assertion it's an expensive superchip.

97 SE MTX, KKM, UR UDP, 19# Injectors, SVT TB, SVT UIM, SVT Flywheel, Grizzly Street Clutch, Upgraded motor mounts, mystifed precats, brand new main cat, SVT exhaust sans resonator, 205-55-15 Dunlop SP5000's

154hp / 156 tq before the SVT exhaust, SVT dual honed upper and swapping the mystery main cat for mystery precats.

My Profile
D
D
Just a very expensive chip. Preprogrammed to a set list of tables.

The "claimed" gains are bogus as well.

2000 SVT #674 - Check it out!

Whoever coined the phrase; "If it ain't broke; don't fix it" ~ Just doesn't get it...
Unless you are an experienced tuner with a chassis dyno and wide-band O2 monitor with digital readout, I recommend that you do not get a system like this. Someone that does not know what they are doing, can easily destroy their engine with just a few key strokes. Most people would be far better taking their car to a performance shop with a chassis dyno and chip tuning software. Sure you're going to pay $$$ for the dyno time, but you're also going to get an experienced tuner that knows how to safely get more power out of your combo.

Wife's car: '98 Contour SVT, black, drop-in K&N,
no reasonator w/stock mufflers, Optima
red top gel cell battery #0703 of #6535

My car: '95 Mustang GT, teal/gray cloth,
w/Saleen body kit, 13" Baer brakes,
GT-40 intake, Edelbrock heads,
stock cam w/1.7 RR, 75mm Pro-M,
36lb injectors, custom JMS chip,
MAC longtube headers, Vortech S-Trim (6-7psi),
and way too many more mods to list...
382rwhp 379ftlbs torque with a very mild tune from JMS

Visit www.sn95.com