Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#1638698 08/31/06 04:04 AM
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by ZoomZoom Diva:
sigma, I wish I could have your optimism about the prospective vehicles automakers are trotting out. I have seen nothing I would want to buy, and everything is moving farther and farther away from what I demand in an automobile.

Well, luckily, I'm not quite as picky as you, James.

The Kabura is right at the top of my list. Not so much the concept as-is (it's a concept after all, therefore quite exaggerated), but the idea of a Coupe solidly between the MX-5 and RX-8 is precisely what I'm looking for. The fact that Mazda has said that they could make it even lighter than the Miata says, to me, that they're taking it serious as a proper drivers car.

The updated RX-8 and/or its' successor will be out around the same time. Definitely looking forward to that. Rumor is of a direct-injected Renesis which will help boost its' output considerably. Maybe by then they'll have the bugs worked out of the Renesis that they've been having particularly in very hot (read: my) climate. I'm still tempted to buy an '04 or '05 now. I had refused to buy a used Renesis, but if I could pick one up that just got one of their engine change-outs they're doing on almost all of them for a song, I still might do it. I could pick it up so cheap that a new car in a couple years would still be an option.

Rumors of yet another Mazda sports car abound as well. A true high-end sportscar like the FD RX-7. A recent promotion has made such a car (probably closer to $40K) a more realistic option for me. Provided it ever does arrive. I doubt it. 3 sportscars is more than enough for little Mazda.

The new GTO will be out around then. I really like the current version (I know you don't, James), looking forward to what they can do for the next one.

And there's a variety of other not-so-new cars that I'd be interested in, but their high-prices make me prefer to wait until they're at least a year old to save on that high depreciation hit -- the C6 'Vette, Cayman, and Z4 M Coupe off the top of my head.

2003 Mazda6s 3.0L MTX Webpage
2004 Mazda3s 2.3L ATX
#1638699 08/31/06 04:24 AM
Z
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Z
Picky? I think my demands are very basic, simple, and easy to implement. It's very frustrating that automakers won't get their anteriors out of their posteriors and build that car.

I think Mazda should build a resurrected RX-7 and my RX-S concept to replace the RX-8.

Brad "Diva": 2004 Mazda 6s 5-door, Volcanic Red Rex: 1988 Mazda RX-7 Vert, Harbor Blue.
#1638700 08/31/06 01:38 PM
T
TGO Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by platinum_drew:
I understand, but the bank would have the money 2morrow and I could've given him a deposit

i guess you should have then

1999 Silver Frost SVT #609 of 2760 Quaife, lightened SVT Flywheel, SPEC stage II clutch, removed resonator, k&n drop in - various other goodies too.
#1638701 08/31/06 01:45 PM
J
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
J
yea, way to many whores selling things nowadays. No morals or values but to themselves. They are dirtbags.

Jim T.

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats".--H.L. Mencken Bumper sticker, OXYMORON #65 - Liberal Thinker
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard