Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
D
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
D
That really interesting, are most of them cab-over's?

'99 Spruce Green SE "Sport" 'Tour, 2.5L MTX...80K and running like it just rolled off the lot. Tryin' to add an extra .5L ASAP
D
deedum Offline OP
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
D
yup if you mean sleeper cabs , yes there on top and not glued on the back like yours

www.m-p-g.co.uk was steventrace
I
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
I
Originally posted by deedum:
if you mean tractor units and trailers as we call them, then yes, but ares are not as HUGE.

Keep in mind that here in the states it is common for tractors to be pulling two trailers. There are some states that allow three! Let me tell you, having passed one of those behemoths in Colorado, it's UNNERVING as three trailers have a tendency to weave like a snake!!!! Also, it takes a LOOONNNNNGGGGG time to get around a hundred feet or more of semi!!!!

BrApple-its all in the way it is presented...but everythign on my resume is all me TexasRealtor-I hope you spelling improves on your resume. MxRacer-ladies and gentlemen, welcome to ironyville. population, texasrelator.
D
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
D
Haha, actually I meant the actual cab is over the engine, not like the two you pictured.

'99 Spruce Green SE "Sport" 'Tour, 2.5L MTX...80K and running like it just rolled off the lot. Tryin' to add an extra .5L ASAP
I
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
I
In all my television watching, every European semi I've seen was a cab-over. I don't recall ever seeing even one conventional tractor. I'm guessing it's for the same reason they have smaller cars over there. Space. Smaller shorter semis are easier to maneuver in the tighter confines of their cities.

BrApple-its all in the way it is presented...but everythign on my resume is all me TexasRealtor-I hope you spelling improves on your resume. MxRacer-ladies and gentlemen, welcome to ironyville. population, texasrelator.
D
deedum Offline OP
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
D
not a great piccy, but we have a 'few' of these

C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C
Nothing says 'I'm a dork' like a cab-over truck. At least that's the reputation they've got in our shop. Most of the truck you'll see on the tight roads in Europe are gonna be cab-overs. We've got more room over here, so large-cars and condo cabs are they way to go.

Speaking of long trailers, I read a few weeks ago some bloke in Australia pulled over 3,000,000lbs on a hundred-something trailers with a stock Pete for 100m.

Keep in mind most of the big trucks you see on the road can be pulling 100x more weight than they actually do because we have to turn our trucks down to meet US emission regulations. These new fuel laws are gonna kill us.

2000 Contour SE 2.5L ATX - Toreador Red 2001 VW Golf GLS 2.0L MTX - Tornado Red Buy my possessed VCR!!
G
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
G
Originally posted by DanMyers:
Is that a smart car I see peeking from behind the Peterbilt? I don't think it is, because any car that calls itself "smart" wouldn't go near those rusted steelies.

If you mean this, then it's a Nissan Primastar van, also known as a Renault Trafic and Vauxhall Vivaro.

I've got a Vivaro, and they are bigger than a Smart. In fact, you could probably fit a Smart in the back!

97 Mondeo ST24 97 Mondeo Ghia X V6 http://www.fordmondeo.org
G
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
G
What do you guys have over there in terms of buses... Vanhool? Mercedes? any Prevosts?

Adrian 1999 CSVT, Tropic Green #1925/2760 Bosal Exhaust / B&M Shifter / Quad projector 4300K HID
D
deedum Offline OP
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
D
Buses ?
Well in the towns we have a lot of these beastys

For major runs, we have these

were i live mainly old Leylands, not really sure what other makes ??

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  hetfield_dup1, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard