Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
B
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by cvkillacontour98:
the best place to mount it is under the battery. if that doesnt work get a new one and mount it there. i mounted mine with zip ties under the battery and its been on there liek that for a few months now. at first i had it with a bolt the bolt rusted out and the imrc dropped and was dangling on the tranny .i get a 1518 for the runners being open but they arent even stuck open. i guess some kind of sensor in the imrc isnt working right.

I have it zip tied to the metal bracket that used to hold the old stock air box, right behind the battery.

When I got the car I had the plugs changed, the fuel filter changed, all the belts changed, all fluids changed, and the brakes pads and discs/drums replaced.

I am currently looking for an SVT exhaust. If anyone has one for sale PM me or email me at BillyTFried@hotmail.com!!!
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
i put mine directly under the battery. its zipped tied to both bottom sides of the battery rack. if your imrc isnt working at all you need a new one. if it works than stops workign after the car gets warm the relocation should help. my original imrc had got to the point where once the engine got warm it wouldnt work untill i shut the car off and start it back up and it would cut out again. than when i relocated it it was all back to normal. but i had to buy a new imrc once the cable had ripped.

98 contour s.e. sport mtx http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/503352 all mods shown on page
O
OB1 Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
O
Originally posted by TRicker:
try cleaning your LIM's? maybe the secondaries are sticking after they get hot?

also, make sure your spring is on so the secondaries return when they are released, and if its intermittent IMRC box, open it up and clean it with electrical contact cleaner. and FYI guys, there is a nice heat shield that pep boys sells you just have to grind one side down to the contour of the strut tower, and make the hole a little bigger ifyou have a K&N. do this, it's aluminum, and you wont look like a civic tuner

Pics or a link maybe b/c I'm interested!

I don't "mod" I just fix what breaks! 98 CSVT #2527 T-Red (Limping) 98 CSVT #2228 T-Red (Donor) 98 SE Sport ATX V6 (Running again) If swimming is good for your figure, explain whales to me!
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard