Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
C
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
C
Did someone put a gun to your head and make you buy a home that has taxes that high? Furthermore if you can afford a home that costs that much why are you whining about taxes in the first place. Education costs money, someone forcing you to go to school? Go work a BK or MC D's, Hydro Heat Water through the roof, Buy Candles, Get sweaters, Use less water.
I think you should move to Mexico, your sorry whining ass would be happier there, but I guess going back to Dad's will work, Hey maybe you can get on Mom's tit again save you some food money!
GROW UP!

1999 Mystique Sport 2nd owner bought it in Sept 03
120000km 4 door, leather, loaded pics on cardomain, coatsy
I
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
I
Originally posted by coatsy:
Did someone put a gun to your head and make you buy a home that has taxes that high? Furthermore if you can afford a home that costs that much why are you whining about taxes in the first place. Education costs money, someone forcing you to go to school? Go work a BK or MC D's, Hydro Heat Water through the roof, Buy Candles, Get sweaters, Use less water.
I think you should move to Mexico, your sorry whining ass would be happier there, but I guess going back to Dad's will work, Hey maybe you can get on Mom's tit again save you some food money!
GROW UP!

BrApple-its all in the way it is presented...but everythign on my resume is all me TexasRealtor-I hope you spelling improves on your resume. MxRacer-ladies and gentlemen, welcome to ironyville. population, texasrelator.
E
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
E
Erm, I don't really get it. Your property taxes are at the municipal level, if they're too high I'd look into moving cities not countries. Is the value assessment of your house too high or the actual tax rate too high? If your assessment is overvalued compared to the market value you can request arbitration. We just cut our property tax in half because the assessments are so ridiculously high, all it took was a request for arbitration and then they call you before the hearing to talk you out of it, we had the value reassessed more realistically. It helps to have knowledge and proof of similar properties and what they've been selling for over say the past 6 months.

Maybe my view is skewed because the time I spent in the US I was living in Cali, but I didn't see that big of a tax difference from Canada. And Canada allows you to renounce your primary residency, move/work in another country and pay the local taxes instead of paying Canadian taxes (can't do that in the US). I guess if you want to make the move to the US and HAVE the luxury of making that choice, all the power to you. I recently had to choose between continuing my schooling in Canada or the US (US, I'd actually be living at home being in a border town) and professionally I wanted to go to the US, but there were just too many hurdles with not having a Green card and not wanting to deal with the uncertainty of being on student visas for 4 years then training visas for another 5 years. BTW, my tuition is ~$15k CAD per year vs $40k US, but that's what you pay as an international student at a US school.

There are a lot of reasons to move to the US, the business environment is certainly more favourable than here..in terms of taxation (in certain states) and just being able to get loans because you're not restricted to 3 or 4 banks. But a lot of the issues you cite are not that unique to Canada.

T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Move to Calgary, its the best city in the country in the most prosperous province in the country. We make more money than anyone else and we dont have PST. GO ALBERTA!!!

99 TRed Contour SVT # 1853 out of 2760 230.2 WHP @ 6500 237.0 WTR @ 2250
Originally posted by MxRacer:
Originally posted by RawBurt:
I'll be keeping it to myself, until the time comes. It'll be hard to find.

much like your weiner.

T
TGO Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by The Spelling Nazi:
Consider moving to a state that has no State Income Tax. No reason to let big gov'ment(sic) get any more of your moolah than they already do! Texas and Wyoming (among a few others - Google it if you really want to know) FTW!

Yes vegas too...but doesn't it cut needed money from state funded programs? schools? etc.? Even wellfare...so if you do end up poor - you're screwed?

1999 Silver Frost SVT #609 of 2760 Quaife, lightened SVT Flywheel, SPEC stage II clutch, removed resonator, k&n drop in - various other goodies too.
Z
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Z
Just means government finds more creative ways to steal for you so it can flush money down the toilet.

I thought $2400 a year was bad on my townhome because the copulating school district pity-partied two referendums through totalling a 25% increase! Don't get me started on the waste of our money otherwise known as public education... Jesse Ventura was right... it's a black hole.

Brad "Diva": 2004 Mazda 6s 5-door, Volcanic Red Rex: 1988 Mazda RX-7 Vert, Harbor Blue.
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
I really think you need to just stop bashing both your home countries on these boards. Too many contradictions looking through your past posts. One day you hate the States and wouldn't live there if your life depended on it, the next day you 'just' hate the President, and now you hate Canada and its PM and are moving to the States to get away.

I
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
I
Originally posted by TGO:
Originally posted by The Spelling Nazi:
Consider moving to a state that has no State Income Tax. No reason to let big gov'ment(sic) get any more of your moolah than they already do! Texas and Wyoming (among a few others - Google it if you really want to know) FTW!

Yes vegas too...but doesn't it cut needed money from state funded programs? schools? etc.? Even wellfare...so if you do end up poor - you're screwed?

It usually means the big bad corporations that liberals whine about are paying higher taxes. In Wyoming, the taxes on the coal mining industry and other various entities more than covers what the citizenry would be paying in Income Tax. In Texas, big oil and it's myriad of supporting industries bears a good chunk of the tax load. Also, it seems to keep the state governments' spending in check a little more when they can't rely on taking your hard earned money just because they can.

As far as say, education, here in Texas they partially fund it with lottery proceeds (don't get me started on that load of crap!) and until recently "Robin Hood" property taxation. That, I believe, is over though.

Now welfare... ...I think that should be cut WAY back. No more living indefinitely on the backs of others' hard work....

Anyway, the point is that states can and do find alternate sources of income, and robbing the working man need not be one of those sources.

BrApple-its all in the way it is presented...but everythign on my resume is all me TexasRealtor-I hope you spelling improves on your resume. MxRacer-ladies and gentlemen, welcome to ironyville. population, texasrelator.
G
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
G
Originally posted by frenchblueC2:

btw $4,300/yr in real estate tax doesn't sound bad to me.
That's what I's payin'.

lol i was gonna say MA is even worse..

M
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by Tourige:
Move to Calgary, its the best city in the country in the most prosperous province in the country. We make more money than anyone else and we dont have PST. GO ALBERTA!!!

Are you @*#&@* kidding me!!!

the cost of living over there is beyond super high.

as for the moron telling me to grow up, get a life. I didn't know it was such a problem living with your parents at 23.. for less then a year!

I'm going down there to stay and look for a new house jackass!

as for my taxes, I live in a small town called simcoe.. bum f@^#@ idaho... theres nothing here, gas prices are outragous, drinkin taxes (a 40 of liqour costs like 50 bucks) everything is just over priced.. I'm sick of it, I lived with my dad for 3 years before and I enjoyed it down there.

so I'm going back nuff said.

as for me buying the house and not affording taxes, well I can.. I just get sick of living pay cheque by pay cheque with a house, I work at toyota to (which is considered a great job) but with a single income, I just can't do it anymore... I want to spend my money travelling etc.

1997 Civic CX (lsvtec,el frontend,fast, nuff said)
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard