Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
Great story!

"Do what you like, Because you have to drive it!"-Me 99 Contour LX 95 Mustang GT Convertible 97 Z24 Cavalier
D
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
D
This story is too cool, I saw the story yesterday afternoon on TV at the hospital I work at, the kid is amazing! He was walking down the street, actually stated there was a fire-hydrant (sp?) on his right and a car on his left. He then stopped right after stating that, states he thinks he is wrong, and that it could be a trash can. He backs up, starts clicking even more, and says "yeah, it's a trash can" as he kicks it with his right leg.

He's an amazing person!

The news reporter was playing foosball with Ben, the reporter gets the first two goals, and talked a little trash about the kids abilities (something about being good at foosball), the kid smiles and says he's good, and the kid then scores the next five (they only showed a couple of his shots). He was able to avoid the fallen trash can in front of him and he just casually walked around it like a person with sight would do. The kid even rollerblades.

dion 98 SVT, 200 whp/190 lb. ft tq (tuned by ADC), 3.0, P&P heads w/2.5L valves, optimized TB, MSDS, SCA 2.5" catback, SHOshop UIM/LIM, underdrive pulley set, TD's, Koni/H&R, BAER/TCE, Progress, CF1 products
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
If a baby can breathe water, a human can see blind.

K
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
K
Originally posted by spgoode:
Originally posted by Doppelg�¤nger:
You skeptics are funny to me. Zero research, no legs to stand on, just pure skepticism.

You gullible people are funny to me. You swallow, without evidence, any news story you hear.

I don't think the pirate guy is saying this kid is a phoney. What he's saying is that he and I need more evidence before we will whole-heartedly believe all the claims in the story.

The degree to which a story warms the heart has nothing to do with the degree to which it is true.

Being a skeptic doesn't mean that one discounts new claims or events, it means you don't come to conclusions based on anecdotes and news stories.

Fact, kids can hear higher pitched sounds than adults. Research it for yourself. I'm not spewing nonsense here. Nor am I saying that I took the story for face value. Yes, it is an incredible story and touching however, what the kid does is explainable and completely plausible. The skeptics you're defending have no basis for their skepticism aside from their own disbelief because they haven't seen it before. That's why I said they are funny to me.

2006 Mazdaspeed6 1997 Yamaha YZF1000R Thunderace 1996 Volvo 850-R
S
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
S
if thats the case, and if the higher pitched noises are the ones helping him out. Wouldnt he be stranded like a fish out of water once he outgrows the teen years, and loses his ability to hear it? That is, if only the certain pitched tones are the ones hes using. Otherwise, no difference..

- 98 SVT #5999 -. -CDA-7894 w/ ipod interface -Knauberized, Trubendz 2.5/highflow cat
K
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
K
Originally posted by �§n�­p�¨�½:
if thats the case, and if the higher pitched noises are the ones helping him out. Wouldnt he be stranded like a fish out of water once he outgrows the teen years, and loses his ability to hear it? That is, if only the certain pitched tones are the ones hes using. Otherwise, no difference..

Quite possibly yes. The older you get, the less you can hear the higher pitched frequencies. It has to do with sometype of hairlike cilia in your ear canal. If you use the link I provided in my post above there is a soundbite that is specifically tuned for young ears. It's explained in the Wikipedia entry.

T
TGO Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
he's teh daredevil!

1999 Silver Frost SVT #609 of 2760 Quaife, lightened SVT Flywheel, SPEC stage II clutch, removed resonator, k&n drop in - various other goodies too.
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
It's actually from Family Guy but I can't find the damn clip.

Originally posted by Mr. Hightower FTW:
Originally posted by SalKhan:
Bump... bump.... No Bumps... 3 vertical Bumps... 4 bumps in a square.

Sounds kinky.

Sal Khan 00 SVT - Not pretty 00 Aprilia RSV Mille - Also Loved. http://www.thelunchjournals.com "I just want someone I can stand once her mouth is free of obstruction."
K
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
K
Originally posted by TGO:
he's teh daredevil!

That's what I thought too!

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard