Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
#1606401 07/16/06 12:16 PM
N
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
N
Wow, thanks for all the responses guys. I have to wait till Monday and see where things are at so I'll get back when I know more. As I said this was just a feasability study so to speak, checking my options.

Shawn Clone Jezabel- 1999 SE Sport V6 MTX- Severly wounded, comatose Silver frost/Black Exterior-Midnight Blue Interior The Firecracker- 1995 Mystique LS V6 MTX stock and backfiring like a rifle shot I have 3 loves, my God, Brittany, and my Car.
#1606402 07/17/06 09:01 PM
M
M
I just finished exactly this project in April. I'm very happy with the results. A few things to have very clear though:
You must use your 95 engine's wiring harness due to it being OBD 1 and having very different pin outs in some cases. This will allow you to plug the new motor in without mods.
The sensor connectors on your 95 wiring will not match some of the SVT sensors....either use the 95 sensors or splice on the SVT's connectors.
MOST IMPORTANT:
The 95 and only the 95 uses VACUUM to operate the secondaries. There is no function to operate an IRCC on your computer. You must either install your 95 LIM in place of the SVT LIM (bad for perf.)or be willing to modify the SVT LIM to use vacuum, which I did by pulling the rear bank shaft from my 95 LIM and machining it to take the bigger plates...THIS WAS THE ONLY COMPLEXITY I encountered. Good LUck

95 SE V6 5spd wrapped around an SVT Motor for effective commuting.
#1606403 07/18/06 01:57 AM
N
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
N
Well, I'm being a bit optimistic at this point and thinking I may not need to look too far into this option after all. The tech has pinpointed the cylinder that was backfiring and it has good compression and such. Next step is to use a scope to look inside the chamber and see what we can see. I'm hoping that either a good de-carbon soak or something of that nature will get things running well (and quietly) so I can put this thing on the street. Thanks for all the info and input guys.

Shawn Clone Jezabel- 1999 SE Sport V6 MTX- Severly wounded, comatose Silver frost/Black Exterior-Midnight Blue Interior The Firecracker- 1995 Mystique LS V6 MTX stock and backfiring like a rifle shot I have 3 loves, my God, Brittany, and my Car.
#1606404 07/18/06 08:48 PM
H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
Originally posted by todras:

Actually easier in a 96 because you won't be throwing codes for OBD 2 all day.

'95 Mystique

Yo, somebody jacked yo' batt'ry!!!

-Auto Makor- -Experimentor -Station Wagonor- -Computerizor- I have a foot that is bigger than a foot. SuperChipFOR SALE
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard