Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
K
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
K
Normally, I like to watch tv while I eat. This morning was different. I cut the tv and cable box on and get this message: "Your EXPLORER settop is NOT AUTHORIZED for use". Many calls to Time Warner get me a busy signal. I keep trying throughout the day. I finally get through to a real person and I'm told I have to be at home so he can tell me how to fix it, didn't need a tech to come out, and call back when I got home. Like an idiot, I believed him. I've been trying to call for several hours now. I get nothing but a busy signal. Does anyone know if there is a setup mode or something I can get into and fix this?

Ken PackRat is my hero!
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
is it an S.A. brand or Motorolla? From the screen you described it sounds like an S.A. let me know and I will tell you how to fix it. Or at least try

Trollin the boards as of 9/23
Originally posted by GS474:
stock hp is never enough

K
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
K
Sorry, I forgot to put that in there. It's a S.A. Explorer 8300.

Ken PackRat is my hero!
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
I used to work on those all the time. I believe if you have to box turned on and you hit power menu on the remote it will take you to a diagostic menu, from there you will have to tell me what the menu says so I can help you

Trollin the boards as of 9/23
Originally posted by GS474:
stock hp is never enough

K
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
K
Nothing happened. There is 4 dashes on the box, but no power symbol comes up. I've tried it with the remote too.

Ken PackRat is my hero!
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Hmmm... Comcast uses the Motorolas/General Instruments... Try...

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/index.php?

I found LOTS of useful information with my older Comcast DVR 3612 box.

I'm sure there is stuff about your box.

Former owner of a 1995 Ford Contour GL w/ 2.0L ATX Proud owner of a 2005 Ford Taurus SE 3.0L V6 Vulcan --Looking for Commodore stuff (Drives, Units, Amiga, games, etc)If anyone has any of this laying around and wants it gone, lemme know --

Link Copied to Clipboard