Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
A
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
This is not my car, or the car of anyone I know. I found it in the paper and went to look at it, hoping for a steal. It's close.

The good:

Minor rust, but the car is solid. Better than mine!
Well-maintained, has new precats/manifolds.
Comes with paper copy of Ford manual
Engine sounds like the internals are still very solid.
$850 asking price!!!
Guy has owned it since 1996.

The bad:
Different colored front bumper, ding in hood, some rust over rear wheel.
Probably needs control arms to drive well.
Some sort of spark/air/fuel stumbling when going to WOT at idle. Feels great other than that. I'd bet an induction cleaning/rebuild and new plugs/wires will clean it right up. One bank of plugs in new, one is original. Wires are originial.
150k miles

If anyone is interested, I can get you the contact info. It's not quite cheap enough to be a parts car, and it's not worth building into an autocross car. It is, however, a great DD possibility. I'd love to see someone on Contour.org grab this and fix it up.

Seriously, I have no interest in selling it other than seeing someone buy it who won't put spinner hubcaps on it.

-Philip Maynard '95 Contour [71 STS | Track Whore] '97 Miata [71 ES | Boulevard Pimp] 2006 autocross results
P
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by Auto-X Fil:

who won't put spinner hubcaps on it.

I lol'd...a lot.

I'd probably be interested if mine wasn't raping my bank account. =P

I call my E0 Claire. 24 hour what? I'm looking to buy a like-new condition SVT grill, and a shift knob that works with the reverse lever PM me with the details.
C
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
C
Where about was it?

"Here's a mirror, see your stupid face!"
A
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
Endwell, near JC. I can PM you the phone number if you want.

-Philip Maynard '95 Contour [71 STS | Track Whore] '97 Miata [71 ES | Boulevard Pimp] 2006 autocross results
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
Any idea if that car has sold yet? I have checked the Binghamton Press and cannot find it listed.

P
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
P
I'd be a little leary of anything coming out of that area of NY right now. Especially anything from Binghamton strait through th Deleware county area. You might be looking at a flood car.

P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by Pugulis:
I'd be a little leary of anything coming out of that area of NY right now. Especially anything from Binghamton strait through th Deleware county area. You might be looking at a flood car.

Good point.

I'd take a trip and buy it, but hey as my luck goes, it would stall on the way back Besides, Im certain I could find one just as good, or better, here in Buffalo. It is Contour City around here. All grandmothers' cars too.

A
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
I looked at it pre-flood, so it's not a flood car. It was high enough I'm sure it didn't get wet. The guy was going to keep it as a winter beater if it didn't sell, in any case.

Z
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
Z
"It is Contour City around here. All grandmothers' cars too."

Hey I'm not a grandma. I drive like one though. Mostly grandma drivers around here though.

Last edited by zetec herman; 07/07/06 10:48 PM.

96 Contour GL 2.0, ATX "Herman" 101K "A Clean zetec is happy zetec"

Link Copied to Clipboard