Print Thread
#1588105 06/11/06 07:11 AM
Y
ymicz Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
Y
My plates expire in july and i just got a letter from the dmv saying i need to do emissions testing. I am aware of the obdII scanning, however I'm having some problems. After doing all this work on it recently, headers etc. I'm having issues with my EGR tube / codes. My check engine light finally turned off the other day. When i scan the car, all the obd II system checks are ok, except the EVAP system, how do i get that test to complete? Also, even though my check engine light is not on, there is a "stored" code in there P1406. At this point I am so confused its not even funny.

'99 SilFro SE V6 MTX Alpine CDA-9833, 12" L7, Pioneer 6x8's, Fidanza Short Throw, K&N Drop-In, Spec1 Clutch/Flywheel, WR Headers / Y-Pipe, TBz Cat, PRT Roll Resistors Mods in queue: Trubendz Res. Magnaflow Ex. SVT UIM/LIM/Opt.TB
#1588106 06/11/06 01:01 PM
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Quote:

HE60 DTC P1406: INSPECT DOWNSTREAM PRESSURE HOSE CONNECTIONS

NOTE:
If the fault is currently present, DTC P1408 will be output in Key On Engine Running (KOER) Self-Test.

l Inspect downstream hose at D.P.F. EGR sensor and orifice tube assembly for disconnect or poor connection.

l Is hose OFF or poorly connected?

If you did not reset the codes after working on the EGR tubes (assuming they're fixed) that is a residual code that will, in time, drop out of the system.

My 98 took several weeks to execute the EVAP monitor. It only triggers during a specific set of circumstances that don't seem to match what the service instructions say....

If you reset the codes, either by scanner or by removing battery connections, it will take several more drive cycles for the monitors to run.

At least it's not July 26th....

Steve

98 Contour SE Sport 2.5 Duratec ATX The wifey's car 89 Taurus SHO - 246K miles 94 SHO ATX - 190K 1997 F-150 5.4L ATX - The Workhorse 150K. ANY THREAD WITH "OMG" or "WTF" ETC IN THE TITLE WILL BE IGNORED!

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard