Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
D
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
D
I've got a 98 SVT now, and I know all about the "Moosing" noise that most of the Duratecs have had since my Mystique once used to do it. But this is different, and I searched already but haven't found an exact post that defined this noise.
It's a bone-stock SVT, intake and all. Rev it a bit at idle, and MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO... until you rev it to kick it down. There is no difference in performance at all ever. Car runs great but makes an extremely loud hummmmmm 80% of the time.
Anyone have similar problem?

My 98 Mystique, Sponsored by Under Pressure Automotive 914-204-7263 Business AIM: UnderPressureNY (Discount quotes for CEG'ers) Personal AIM: DJ12524
T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by DeanJoyce.com:
...It's a bone-stock SVT, intake and all. Rev it a bit at idle, and MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO... until you rev it to kick it down. ...

It does appear to be the moose. Maybe time for a new IAC valve and a good TB cleaning. If that doesn't work, then Moose Fix.

Edit. Moose thread.
http://www.contour.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=v6maint&Number=1148660&fpart=1&PHPSESSID=

Last edited by Tony2005; 06/05/06 03:50 PM.

"Always do the cheap and easy ones first." 1996 V6 ATX 96K miles

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard