Page 2 of 2 1 2
#1583181 06/04/06 03:49 AM
E
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
E
Originally posted by CoupeofG6:
Scratches the [censored] out of the bed if you ever choose to remove it.. they scrape (the plastic) pretty bad, too. They are Flimsy, they rattle, and never stay 100% secure, either.

I've also read that they can help rust along. Water can get in between the liner and bed?

MUST SELL - ECM computer new for a 98 V6 mtx + pats Now trolling in a Red Nissan 4 x 4
#1583182 06/04/06 04:10 AM
C
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
C
Yes water can get between the liner and the bed, but if the gap at bed bottom and the header is clear, it lets the water drain out. Noticed that happening just the other day on my '06 F-150. Also, if water does get in there, it should flow out the back by the tailgate whenever you drive away. With the shape of the fluted ribs on the flooring, they not only add stregth but allow water to escape. As a matter of fact, I cannot drive away slow enough and not have the water exit out the back. I've been driving pickups for over 25 years and have seen everything that can happen in the bed of a truck.

#1583183 06/04/06 04:51 AM
T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by Coolkuehl3:
Originally posted by Former Contour Owner:
Since my 'Tour died, I have inherited an older truck. It's in pretty good shape, but needs a bedliner.

Originally posted by CoupeofG6:
Scratches the [censored] out of the bed if you ever choose to remove it.. they scrape (the plastic) pretty bad, too. They are Flimsy, they rattle, and never stay 100% secure, either.

If it's an older truck, it no doubt has scatches in the bed already. If that's the case, how many more scatches can a drop-in bedliner cause? I don't know what kind of bedliner CoupeofG6 is talking about, but I never lost one out the back because it wasn't secure. And rattle.......it's a truck, not a BMW.

ANy truck I've ever been in, loaded crap in, etc that had a bedliner, it wa snever really SECURE. Not that it would fall out or something, but if you pushed down on one corner at teh top of the bed, the other side would raise up, crap l;ike that. As well as the tailgate piece is notorious for coming loose, although it usually sees the gist of most abuse. I dunno, drop in bedliners have thier positives, I agree, but in my experience with them, they haven't been "The Best". Im sure it matters, but all bedliners I've dealt with or worked with were manufacturer/ dealer installed (ex. Mopar, GM, and a few pendaliner drop ins)

As far as a truck should rattle, etc, etc, etc.. depends on the truck, really. Hell, I'll drop the cheapest thing I can find in a piece of junk pick up, but if I want a bed liner in my NEW truck that doesn't rattle... I'll reach for the spray on.

AS far as scratching the bed, go look at an 03-04 pickup truck with a delaer installed bed liner and pull it out (well.. don't, but.. ) TONS of small enough agragate get's under neat teh liner and does a number on the bed. I'll have to take pics of my uncles 05 Ram with a dealer installed liner. He pulle dit out a few weeks ago to get a cap installed and it's scraped to [censored] and had a TON of small rocks, salt, etc, etc. I see a drop in bedliner just as helpful/ hindering as a front hood mask or bra.

Just my opinion ofcoarse.

2006 Pontiac G6 3900SFI GTP Coupe CAI, Stainless Cat Back, Vector Tune, Strut Brace, Eibach Pro Kit, Custom Made Projector Headlights, 4300K, 20% Tint Former Owner- 2000 "Stryped" CSVT CEG Dragon Run- Oct 13-15
#1583184 06/04/06 05:14 AM
C
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
C
CoupeofG6 you mention Pendaliners. Not a fan of them. I prefer Duraliners. Seem to be made better. Never had a problem with the liner in my '92. It was an underrail type that "snapped" in place, the tailgate clipped under the gate and had an aluminum rail that went across the top of the gate. My new Duraliner in my '06 is fastened with the factory screws for the tie downs and the tailgate. It's not going anywhere. I guess it's a matter of preference and I'm a drop-in kinda guy.

#1583185 06/04/06 05:24 AM
R
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
R
My 2cents is what exactly are you planning on putting in the bed of the truck? I drive 3 to 4 different pickups in the run of a day. 2 have the drop in bed liner, 1 has the rhino lining and one has nothing. the 2 with the drop in liners the box is starting to go to shizzle (i.e bed is rusting or the liner is becoming warp and no longer fitting into the bed of the truck). the one with the rhino lining is starting to peel off the bed. Of course i'm working bridge construction and putting in and pulling out alot of different heavy equipment all day long. It all comes down to what you are planning on doing. My money would go into a spray on bedliner, over all a better quality and fit(for obivious reasons).

Over 200,000 miles and dead......kinda. Time to get a new ride.
#1583186 06/04/06 01:51 PM
T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
CoupeofG6 you mention Pendaliners. Not a fan of them. I prefer Duraliners. Seem to be made better. Never had a problem with the liner in my '92. It was an underrail type that "snapped" in place, the tailgate clipped under the gate and had an aluminum rail that went across the top of the gate. My new Duraliner in my '06 is fastened with the factory screws for the tie downs and the tailgate. It's not going anywhere. I guess it's a matter of preference and I'm a drop-in kinda guy.

My poor experience with drop in's probably has to do with all the one's I've used/ seen were cheap, lol.

2006 Pontiac G6 3900SFI GTP Coupe CAI, Stainless Cat Back, Vector Tune, Strut Brace, Eibach Pro Kit, Custom Made Projector Headlights, 4300K, 20% Tint Former Owner- 2000 "Stryped" CSVT CEG Dragon Run- Oct 13-15
#1583187 06/05/06 01:27 AM
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
I've been driving pickups for over 25 years and have seen everything that can happen in the bed of a truck.

Everything????

Jake 96 T-Red SE V6
#1583188 06/07/06 02:55 PM
E
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
E
Anyone have any experience with the Plastikote paint on liner product? link

I liked the sound of it because it has rubber pieces in it...

MUST SELL - ECM computer new for a 98 V6 mtx + pats Now trolling in a Red Nissan 4 x 4
#1583189 06/17/06 05:33 PM
R
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
R
I know this topic hasn't been brought up in a while but i saw a commercial for Herculiner and thought of this thread. It doesn't look to bad and it will cost about 100 dollars a gallon. Just keeping you informed!

Check out this link for more info.
herculiner pros and cons and info

Over 200,000 miles and dead......kinda. Time to get a new ride.
#1583190 06/17/06 05:45 PM
D
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
D
My dad's Dakota got a Rhinolining the first week we got it, in '99 (it's a 2000) to this day, even after hauling huge rocks, piles of wood, bikes, furniture, and a lot of other things (42 inch LCD tv, all the building materials for my basement, EVERYTHING) there is only ONE scratch in the entire bed, near the tailgate. Go with the Rhinolining, it's just the smart way to go.

'99 Spruce Green SE "Sport" 'Tour, 2.5L MTX...80K and running like it just rolled off the lot. Tryin' to add an extra .5L ASAP
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard