Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
the cable is hooked up and everything is workign ok. but i keep getting a p1518.

98 contour s.e. sport mtx http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/503352 all mods shown on page
R
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
Very freakin cool!

D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
anybody have a picture of where the cable connects? maybe a list of what must be removed to install?

'98.5 Black Ford Contour SE Sport 5-speed. All the SE Sport features with all the 98features that were supposed to be decontented for 98.5 '04 Silver Toyota RAV4 L Auto. Fully loaded.
G
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
G
Originally posted by 92x_Hightower:
OK, finally got around to doing this to the ol' Contour. What a massive difference it makes going from non-working IMRC to working IMRC.

Instead of replacing your IMRC, either fix it this way, or the first 8 people to send me their board with motor can have me fix it for $35 shipped back to you. I have 8 of these transistors left, so first come first serve!

Feel free to put this in the FAQ or sticky.

IMRC Fix, How-To

And for the people that might say "But I can get one of these from a junkyard for that", you're still getting the factory IMRC transistor that fails. The TIP121 has MUCH better heat tolerances.

Yet one more example of why this is such a GREAT site!! I'll print this out tomorrow at work and file it with my other Contour stuff. Thanks for a great how to and the pix to make it idiot proof.

'99 Sport TropicGreen,Duratec, SVT exhaust, Brembo rotors, Ceramic pads, K&N filters(oil & air), Alpine CDM7874, Polk DB570 speakers front and rear. Fog light mod. 50% Formula One tint.
M
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
M
Excellent how-to! Here's a link to order the transistor but be warned there is a minimum order charge. Digi-key Also, make sure to use thermal compound (that white greasy stuff in the pic) or you could have another fried transistor in short order.

H
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
Originally posted by Mustang:
Excellent how-to! Here's a link to order the transistor but be warned there is a minimum order charge. Digi-key Also, make sure to use thermal compound (that white greasy stuff in the pic) or you could have another fried transistor in short order.

There is a thermal pad between the transistor and the housing. I chose not to put that plastic screw back on since the heat from the housing will just heat up the transistor.

-Auto Makor- -Experimentor -Station Wagonor- -Computerizor- I have a foot that is bigger than a foot. SuperChipFOR SALE
V
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
V
IMRC fix for those with heat related issues. Unfortunately i don't think this will solve my broken cable IMRC issue.

99 Contour SVT needs a little lovin'
R
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
R
Originally posted by vpogv:
IMRC fix for those with heat related issues. Unfortunately i don't think this will solve my broken cable IMRC issue.

I have a broken IMRC cable too, and sadly I think you have to buy a new IMRC box. At least that is what I was told.

-Reebs-

For Sale - 96 Tour Sport 2.5L MTX with SVT Exhaust, pre 98 trunklid with newer Contour Sport spoiler instead of lip spoiler, newer Contour sport rims. Newer paint job. Brand new floor mats. Rust Free! PM me for details and pics.
W
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
W
Oh man THANK YOU!!!!

I knew you were going to be working on this soon and I was just thinking of PM'ing you to see if it was still going to happen.

This rocks! Thanks Chris!

Roger - "Old Guy" "Every car is a sports car sometime." 1999 White SE Sport V6 MTX 2005 Toyota Sienna - 8 passenger
B
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
B
Didn't you post this like 40+ years ago?

I could have sworn I've seen this before when Kev and I both had the Duratec 2.5's

Awesome How-to by the way. another Hightower Mod to help the masses.....

www.ChicagoCEG.com 2006 White Grand Prix
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard