Page 1 of 2 1 2
#1579603 05/28/06 05:56 AM
S
svt490 Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
S
I just sold stuff on ebay, and "Mcgainer" was the winner. He has been trouble on here before, what should I do?

Mike C T-Red 99 csvt #490 No longer a dailer driver
#1579604 05/28/06 11:59 AM
J
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
J
The auction is complete. When (if) he pays you, send him his stuff! If you don't want his money you should have taken action before your auction ended.

(Jeez, what a question!)

99 Tropic Green SVT, Tan Leather, 20K miles, "Nice Twin" (factory stock). 99 Tropic Green SVT, Tan Leather, 28K miles, "Evil Twin" (Turbo AER 3L and more in progress) 96 Red LX, Opal Grey Leather 2.5L, ATX, 22K miles
#1579605 05/28/06 01:47 PM
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Shoulda sold them to me.

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
#1579606 05/28/06 02:12 PM
B
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by JEDsContour:
The auction is complete. When (if) he pays you, send him his stuff! If you don't want his money you should have taken action before your auction ended.

(Jeez, what a question!)

+1.5

www.ChicagoCEG.com 2006 White Grand Prix
#1579607 05/28/06 02:22 PM
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
If you don't want his money you should have taken action before your auction ended.

Yet another reason I hate auction sniping (which I would not be surprised if he did).

#1579608 05/28/06 02:35 PM
S
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
S
just on principle alone you should not send him the stuff. sell it to the next highest bidder or someone here on ceg. then, put that douchebag on your blocked bidders list.

remember, if he pays by paypal he can always have his credit card company reverse the charges!! and this guy just might do that. OR, he is planning on using these parts to scam some more people. id avoid this transaction like the plague.

Originally posted by Tourgasm:
Sometimes you can mess up a word so bad that spell check doens't know what the hell you're talking about.

#1579609 05/28/06 03:28 PM
M
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
M
i'd eat a nice, big mexican dinner with lots of corn and nuts. let simmer for a few hours, then deposit contents from bunghole into a plastic box. ship, and enjoy.

02 Mustang GT... Tuned by Nelsons. Low 12's, anyone? .....______ ___|______\_____ |/-\_________/-\_| .\_/...............\_/
#1579610 05/28/06 03:52 PM
J
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by svtizzle4stizzle:
just on principle alone you should not send him the stuff. sell it to the next highest bidder or someone here on ceg. then, put that douchebag on your blocked bidders list.

remember, if he pays by paypal he can always have his credit card company reverse the charges!! and this guy just might do that. OR, he is planning on using these parts to scam some more people. id avoid this transaction like the plague.

Yeah, SVT490, you're in a bind with this, through no fault of your own.

Mcgainer is a real scumbag. No doubt about it.

But the point is, you do have a contract with him to deliver the items youâ??ve sold. In matters of integrity my knee jerk reaction is to say â??always keep you word and honor your contractsâ?. Saves a lot of thinking and uncertainty to live that way.

However, this may be a special case. If your own inner moral compass tells you to not honor the auction for the reasons that svtizzle4stizzle brought up, then no one here should think less of you.

Just be prepared for a negative feedback if you do back out, and under the Ebay rules you will truly deserve it. Sad truth. Thereâ??s always a price to be paid for acting on principle against the established rules.

I know this doesnâ??t help, but if I were in your place, I would honor the contract and send him his partsâ?¦. UNLESS he has significant negative feedback. That combined with his known history here would tilt me the other way.

Can you please post a link to your completed auction?

Real bad luck for you that this ass decided to bid. I am curious to see how it turns out for you.

99 Tropic Green SVT, Tan Leather, 20K miles, "Nice Twin" (factory stock). 99 Tropic Green SVT, Tan Leather, 28K miles, "Evil Twin" (Turbo AER 3L and more in progress) 96 Red LX, Opal Grey Leather 2.5L, ATX, 22K miles
#1579611 05/29/06 07:32 AM
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by svtizzle4stizzle:

Yeah, SVT490, you're in a bind with this, through no fault of your own.

Mcgainer is a real scumbag. No doubt about it.

But the point is, you do have a contract with him to deliver the items youâ??ve sold. In matters of integrity my knee jerk reaction is to say â??always keep you word and honor your contractsâ?. Saves a lot of thinking and uncertainty to live that way.

However, this may be a special case. If your own inner moral compass tells you to not honor the auction for the reasons that svtizzle4stizzle brought up, then no one here should think less of you.

Just be prepared for a negative feedback if you do back out, and under the Ebay rules you will truly deserve it. Sad truth. Thereâ??s always a price to be paid for acting on principle against the established rules.

I know this doesnâ??t help, but if I were in your place, I would honor the contract and send him his partsâ?¦. UNLESS he has significant negative feedback. That combined with his known history here would tilt me the other way.

Can you please post a link to your completed auction?

Real bad luck for you that this ass decided to bid. I am curious to see how it turns out for you.

Am I the only one who thinks he should honor his contract and send the items after payment?
I understand there has been a lot of douchebaggery from this guy in the past, but when you sell on ebay, it's to the highest bidder, unless you use an approved bidders policy (which you have not done). Perhaps next time you should.

I hope this transaction goes well, but you have an obligation to finish your end of the deal. After that, be vigilant on not getting taken advantage of.

Just my .02

2000 Silver Frost SVT # 1637/2150 D.O.B. 01/14/2000
#1579612 05/29/06 12:00 PM
L
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
L
if you knew he was a scam artist or whatever you should have blocked him from the auction. Like it was said, you entered into a contract and after the deal is done, NOW you want to [censored]? THAT is not cool either. Wait till you get the money THAN ship - and for future reference block people you dont want to do business with.

95 Merc Stique Zetec 2.0 Auto
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard