Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
P
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
P
Just thought i would let you know guys i have ordered a set of these arms but they now include camber adjustment.
They will be with me in about 2 weeks so i'll get some pics up for you as soon as they arrive.

ST24 Mondeo, 19's, Koni/GC coilovers, Morrette headlights, bespoke interior etc etc
J
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by PEWTNERST24:
Just thought i would let you know guys i have ordered a set of these arms but they now include camber adjustment.
They will be with me in about 2 weeks so i'll get some pics up for you as soon as they arrive.

I'm real interested in this. I keep going back and forth whether to pay the price for these (exchange ratio not in my favor) and I do have a brand new set of ford arms here.

However, with adjustable camber, I�m sold. Saves using camber kits on the strut mounts.
What part number did you order to get these? How much camber adjustment is available? Do they have a picture of the camber adjustment mechanism on their website (I couldn�t find one)?

This sounds like a good product for us.

99 Tropic Green SVT, Tan Leather, 20K miles, "Nice Twin" (factory stock). 99 Tropic Green SVT, Tan Leather, 28K miles, "Evil Twin" (Turbo AER 3L and more in progress) 96 Red LX, Opal Grey Leather 2.5L, ATX, 22K miles
H
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
H
was there something added to it to allow camber adjustment? i dont see anything on the pic shown

Hugo AIM:omegazodiac 95 gl & 99 contour svt #1750/2760 my profile pics stuff for sale
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Quote:

Still no love for us 4 bolters...

Too bad we don't get wheel hop!

98 3.0 svt: Sold
K
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
K
Originally posted by BiggsvT28:
Quote:

Still no love for us 4 bolters...

Too bad we don't get wheel hop!

Neither do I, 2 bolt and all! Not anymore at least. . . .

#4559 of 6535 born on Feb 17, 1998 Black 1998.5 CSVT FOR SALE [cleaning house]: SVT rear swaybar. Reasonable offer and its yours!
R
"Absolut Rara."
"Absolut Rara."
R
I still don't understand why anyone would want polyurethane bushings on the 2-bolt arms. . . it goes counter to all smart suspension tuning. Granted, the 2-bolt arms start it down that road anyway, but still, no sense in making a bad thing worse.

Balance is the Key. rarasvt@comcast.net
J
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by Rara:
I still don't understand why anyone would want polyurethane bushings on the 2-bolt arms. . . it goes counter to all smart suspension tuning. Granted, the 2-bolt arms start it down that road anyway, but still, no sense in making a bad thing worse.

The seemingly total lack of other options - except of course the OEM arms, known to not hold up well with a lowered suspension.

What parts of "smart suspension tuning" do these arms violate? I'm not doubting it, just trying to decide if the trade-offs are justified. If nothing else, I think these arms should help reduce wheel-hop under turbo 3L acceleration and should practically never need replacement.

99 Tropic Green SVT, Tan Leather, 20K miles, "Nice Twin" (factory stock). 99 Tropic Green SVT, Tan Leather, 28K miles, "Evil Twin" (Turbo AER 3L and more in progress) 96 Red LX, Opal Grey Leather 2.5L, ATX, 22K miles
P
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
P
Replacement issues is the reason i am getting these because i have gone through 3 of these in 3 years and i am just getting pi$$ed off of changing them.

As for the arms guys i will be getting the first set they make so there is no pics anywhere at the moment. Deflex told me the camber adjustment will be at the ball joint end and thats about all i know at the moment. I think it must be better than the SPC kit.
The price is a little more with the camber at �£260.

As soon as they are with me i'll get some pics up as i said.

ST24 Mondeo, 19's, Koni/GC coilovers, Morrette headlights, bespoke interior etc etc
E
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
E
Too bad adjusting camber by pulling in the control arm will crush the drive axles.

· Jon Miconi · Coming Soon! · 01 Cougar · 98 V70R
J
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by ExDelayed:
Too bad adjusting camber by pulling in the control arm will crush the drive axles.

Ahh, if only Deflex had you on their engineering staff.

I hope whatever they make is pretty damn robust as you do not want a ball joint failure. The arm pictured looks "bullet proof" to me - without camber adjustment.

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Andy W._dup1, Auto-X Fil 

Link Copied to Clipboard