Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
S
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by JaTo:
the last time we went into someplace to kick ass and take names on "proof" that every intelligence agency on the planet possessed and agreed upon, we got burned...

You're still conveniently confusing chemical/biological stockpiles with "nukuler" capability?

Dueling Duratecs '95 SE V6 MTX 0 Mods '04 Mazda6 S Wagon '03 Kawasaki Z1000 But thus do I counsel you, my friends: distrust all in whom the impulse to punish is powerful! Friedrich Nietzsche
J
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
J
Originally posted by Corbett:
Originally posted by Hydramatic:
your typical college professor is a little more aware of the political arena than Mr. W

Proof? Stats?

Come on...

As much as you and I may like some of what the Bush administration has done, he's a LONG-WAY from being a scholarly creature that prowls about late at night going through dossiers and political/historical reads (like Clinton). I can't stand Clinton or his politics, but I will give him the nod that he was FAR more versed in foreign politics that Bush has been and could better shape his message himself without advisors doing 90% of the work. Despite that Clinton completely had his eye off of the ball in more than just a few areas does not mean he was a foreign-policy boob at all...

Bush's staff is his crutch for dictating policy on foreign affairs, make no mistake about it.

Some presidential staffs merely help navigate; others help navigate AND assist in steering the ship.

JaTo e-Tough Guy Missouri City, TX 99 Contour SVT #143/2760 00 Corvette Coupe
J
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
J
Originally posted by spgoode:
...You're still conveniently confusing chemical/biological stockpiles with "nukuler" capability?

Both were a pressing concern and both fell into the same pile at the end of the day in that Iraq was supposed to have NEITHER and was supposed to submit a full tally to the UN across the board (nukes, gas, toxins down to water pistols and nerf bats)...

Are you telling me they SUBMITTED to a full tally and declaration of ALL WMD (nukes and toxins both fall into this category)?

The medium of the threat didn't particularly matter after 9/11 to the US; what did matter was that intel indicated that Iraq had both to a varying degree and that a decade of dodging the UN inspection teams meant they had something to hide.

As I recall, a great many Senators and Reps. apparently felt the same way on BOTH sides of the political aisle...

This particular aspect has been discussed ad-naseum; dig up one of the old posts and re-live the argument there if you like.

Last edited by JaTo; 05/10/06 07:32 PM.

JaTo e-Tough Guy Missouri City, TX 99 Contour SVT #143/2760 00 Corvette Coupe
O
ODC Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
O
Originally posted by Corbett:
I think this letter just proves how out there liberals really are. They love to jump on Bush every chance they get and now they are suggesting we should listen to a terrorist who just recently said that he dreams of the day America no longer exists and so should everyone else. This same man has also repeatadly stated that Israel has no right to exist and never took place in the hollocaust.

Furthermore, I find it highly ironic that when the President of Iran supposadly takes a step in the right direction, he is backed by the liberals of America. But when President Bush takes a step in the right direction, he is criticized up and down for doing "too little too late." It just shows the outright hypocracy of some people who call themselves Americans and only want whats best for America.

You dumbass, what "liberals" are supporting Iran ?

As for your last comment; laff.

By the way, have you tested the wife in the sack yet or are you upholding your christian virtues and still a virgin ? I refuse to discuss grown-up issues with somebody who's never been laid before.

T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by GoppelDanger:
Originally posted by TourDeForce:
"Every government has a duty to provide security and piece of mind for their citizens." - Yet he wants to destroy Isreal and is deeply offended when efforts are made to prevent him from following through with his threats. Imagine his shock when Isreal strikes to defend themselves.

Iran doesn't recognize Isreal or it's governement so that point is moot.

So you're sayin' that if we decide not to recognize Iran, then it's OK for use to roll in & take over, or even vaporize them? Good argument...

Quote:

'There were no WMDs in Iraq'. Give me a break!! I say there were WMDs in Iraq - they simply haven't been found as yet. Additionally, there are plenty of sources indicating the weapons & material were taken to Syria...

Why aren't we invading Syria? If they where the same weapons that we ousted Saddam for, why haven't we marched right over and kicked Bashar to the ground?

For someone who is against all this "liberal media crap" you sure like to watch it. Where did you hear about these "sources" that said WMD's where in Syria?

As we gathered more info on what happened to the Iraqi WMDs we might have ended up doing that. But as it stands, you'll recall that Syria suddenly wanted to come clean of their secret WMD programs. Remember the brief blurb in the news? Probably not. You seem to hear & read what you want & block out anything relevant.

And Jesus said, " He layeth down the smack "

AMEN.

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
I have posted about this a time or two before.

Iraq made everyone believe that they had WMD's solely for the purpose of keeping Iran from invading. They developed some and conveniently used some just to scare Iran. Looks like he had us all fooled until the US called Saddam bluff. But, people in the US are still being fooled by his. Wake up, people!

There was an article in "Wired" that did a very good job of explaining this.

-Auto Makor- -Experimentor -Station Wagonor- -Computerizor- I have a foot that is bigger than a foot. SuperChipFOR SALE
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by ODC:
By the way, have you tested the wife in the sack yet or are you upholding your christian virtues and still a virgin ? I refuse to discuss grown-up issues with somebody who's never been laid before.

Now that was uncalled for...

for you!

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
O
ODC Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
O
Originally posted by JaTo:
You do remember the "Great Satan" speech that Kohmeini gave in the late '70s right? You also are aware that Ahmadi is a HUGE fan of his?

Didn't Bush just call Iran the "Axis of Evil" ? If that isn't polarizing hate rhetoric akin to the [censored] that's flying all over the Mid-East, I don't know what is.

Huge fan of Bush too are'nt you ?

M
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
M

By the way, have you tested the wife in the sack yet

WTF is wrong with you???

02 Mustang GT... Tuned by Nelsons. Low 12's, anyone? .....______ ___|______\_____ |/-\_________/-\_| .\_/...............\_/
O
ODC Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
O
Originally posted by Marklar:

By the way, have you tested the wife in the sack yet

WTF is wrong with you???

I'll take the time out.

Sorry, but it had to be said.

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard