Print Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
B
BP_dup1 Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
interesting tactic. $10 says bush hasn't read one word.

'03 Saab 9-5 Aero
B
BP_dup1 Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
B

'03 Saab 9-5 Aero
B
BP_dup1 Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
B

'03 Saab 9-5 Aero
A
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
A
*bush opens envelope....* [Bush] Oh wow, lots of big words and phrases, Ill take care of this the Texas way.[/Bush] *shreads*

98 Corolla LE 1.8L DOHC 1ZZFE TEIN H.Tech Springs Tokico HP series Struts Short ram air intake Tsudo Axel Back Exhaust ... if a jelly fish stung me.. would you pee on the wound?
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
So. What's yer point??

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
J
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
J
Ahmadi gets the "Rhetorical Question of the Week" award due to the fact that just about 80% of the letter is made up of them...

I found it an interesting read, but one that is extraordinary suspect since the apparent author is someone who has denied that the Holocaust existed and who has supplied MILLIONS of dollars and TONS of weapons to militant regimes in the Middle-East that are the poster-children of "terrorism" and have been for decades...

I think since he knows he has China and Russia indirectly backing him unless he does something outright nuts, he's sensing victory on the nuclear issue and has somewhat poetically "rubbed" our collective noses in it. He even mentions the "ineffectiveness" of the UN in a roundabout fashion, so that tells me that IAEA and the UN can toss any damn sanction or resolution they want at him and he's going to keep on enriching Uranium until he runs out of the stuff.

The last page was the most interesting by far (at least to me). He finally sinks some teeth into his accusations and actually vents his concerns rather well, especially about the Muslim concern of their culture and how the West has apparently "corrupted" it.

I may be in the minority, but I would actually like to see the State Dept. or Bush (through the MASSIVE help of his speechwriters) send a note back; I think the Muslim population would respond much better to the somewhat alien Western mindset to a small degree if they were given a chance to read a thoughtful but sincere correspondence about our concerns with Iran's present leadership.

I wonder how much of it would get past the censors in Iran?

Whether Ahmadi knows it or not, he's just given the White House a proverbial loudspeaker to not only address Iran directly, but the Muslim world in general about US fear, doubt and uncertainty. Unfortunately, the politics of putting up a strong face will probably cloud any real chance of a response, though.

JaTo e-Tough Guy Missouri City, TX 99 Contour SVT #143/2760 00 Corvette Coupe
B
BP_dup1 Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
i think the "letter" was brushed off and dismissed by the bush admin as some kooky manifesto on how the west is evil and iran has no interest in trying to work things out. if you read it for yourself now you have the ability to make up your own mind based on the content and issues discussed. not only that, but by initiating dialogue and putting forth opinions and suggestions now there's somewhat of a bar to measure iran's actions going forward and respond in jest.

'03 Saab 9-5 Aero
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
I have no regard for that message. It even blatantly contradicts the Iranian presidents own policies.

"Every government has a duty to provide security and piece of mind for their citizens." - Yet he wants to destroy Isreal and is deeply offended when efforts are made to prevent him from following through with his threats. Imagine his shock when Isreal strikes to defend themselves.

The letter even harped on some of our own stupid domestic liberal media garbage. 'There were no WMDs in Iraq'. Give me a break!! I say there were WMDs in Iraq - they simply haven't been found as yet. Additionally, there are plenty of sources indicating the weapons & material were taken to Syria. Furthermore, as I have stated more than once before, Iraqs own declarations say the weapons were there. What reason did Iraq have to lie about the WMDs?

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
O
ODC Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
O
Najad gets points in my book for having the balls to call out Bush right now. That's ballsy ass [censored]; akin to telling somebody who has a gun pointed at your head that you slept with his wife.

This is the view of the US around the world though. If you're going to "enforce" certain values around the world; practice what you preach.

C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
I think this letter just proves how out there liberals really are. They love to jump on Bush every chance they get and now they are suggesting we should listen to a terrorist who just recently said that he dreams of the day America no longer exists and so should everyone else. This same man has also repeatadly stated that Israel has no right to exist and never took place in the hollocaust.

Furthermore, I find it highly ironic that when the President of Iran supposadly takes a step in the right direction, he is backed by the liberals of America. But when President Bush takes a step in the right direction, he is criticized up and down for doing "too little too late." It just shows the outright hypocracy of some people who call themselves Americans and only want whats best for America.

- Tim
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard