Print Thread
I
infratl Offline OP
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
I
hi,

i did the throttle hang fix last week and resent the computer. when the car idles with the A/C off, the rpms stay at 750ish. when the A/C is on it goes down to like 500ish.

also, another thing i noticed is that, before the fix, the rpms would go up to like 1500 when i first started the car with a cold engine. now it's not doing that anymore... is this ok?

i went with the smaller of the 2 suggestions for the SVT fix. should i try the bigger hole or just wait for the computer to learn more new positions for the IAC?

T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
"also, another thing i noticed is that, before the fix, the rpms would go up to like 1500 when i first started the car with a cold engine. now it's not doing that anymore... is this ok?"
Yes.

"i went with the smaller of the 2 suggestions for the SVT fix. should i try the bigger hole or just wait for the computer to learn more new positions for the IAC?"
The 500 RPM should fine.

"Always do the cheap and easy ones first." 1996 V6 ATX 96K miles
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
I had to go with the larger size suggested. The smaller one was making my car stall on cold starts. Between shifts the RPM dropped too fast causing a little strain on the tranny. It would drop then have to climb again to reach the correct RPM.

Tony 1998 SVT Contour (B/MB) #542 3L 1998 SVT Contour (SF/MB) #1266 parts car 2000 SVT Contour (SF/MB) #1533 3L swap to begin!

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard